English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. When the teacher asked John why he made such a big mistake, he couldn’t explain it.
The company’s products account for almost 90 percent of the world’s market share.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “..he couldn’t account for it”?
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I leave out “share”?

2. Computers account for one third of the company’s all the products.
  Children accumulate knowledge by failing until they get it right.

(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “Children accumulate knowledge by learning from mistakes”?

3. John accumulates his fortune by investing heavily in real estate.
Messages accumulate quickly when I don’t read check my-email every day.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I change “fortune” to “wealth”?

4. Interest accumulates quickly when one fails to pay off his credit card debt.
I’ve accumulated a lot of work since I was away for my vacation. Now I have to work late to catch up.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the second, should I say “to catch up on it”?

5. A company should value its employees because they are its most important assets.
You need to consider your budget when make an important purchase.

(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I change “budget” to “price range”?

6.Jean maxed out her credit card every month. Before she knew it, she was already in major credit card debt.
The teacher gave John a compliment because of his outstanding performance.

(1.)  In the first sentence, what is another way to say “max out her credit card”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “The teacher gave John a compliment because his performance stood out among the others”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “..he couldn’t account for it”? yes
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I leave out “share”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? the first is not
Computers account for one third of the company’s products.
(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “Children accumulate knowledge by learning from mistakes”? yes, even better: "learning from their mistakes"

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but either read or check in the second
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I change “fortune” to “wealth”? yes, they are synonyms

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the second, should I say “to catch up on it”? you could, but "to catch up" is all you need there.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "when making an important purchase"
(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I change “budget” to “price range”?  I'd stick to budget. If you really want to use "price range" then I'd say:
"You need to consider the price range ..."

(1.)  In the first sentence, what is another way to say “max out her credit card”? this is the typical expression people use, any "synonyms" would sound awkward and unnatural. I'd stick to it.
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “The teacher gave John a compliment because his performance stood out among the others”? yes, absolutely.

Looking forward to more of your questions Oppo.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker