English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. The customer’s manner implied that he wasn’t satisfied with our service.
It is not so easy to protect the intellectual property rights from piracy.
Are both sentences grammatically correct?

(1.)    What could be a substitute for “manner “and “implied” in the first sentence?
“Behavior “or “attitude “and “suggested” or “meant”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “piracy” to “illegal copies”?

2. He has trouble studying almost anywhere. He can only concentrate on his studying in the library.
All passengers have the right to ask the airlines to strictly adhere to standard aircraft maintenance.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first one, can I use an inverted sentence? “He has trouble studying almost anywhere. Only in the library can he concentrate on his studying”?
(2.)    In the second, what could be a substitute for “adhere to”? “Follow” or “perform”?

3. The police concluded that the suspect didn’t tell the truth.
Sometimes, she stays in the library for hours reading some periodicals.

(1.)    What could be a substitute for “concluded” in first sentence?
“Deduced “or “figured out”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “…she spends hours reading some periodicals in the library”?

4 . Finding out an effective remedy for this atypical pneumonia should be our top priority.
He is not as intelligent as he thinks. All he has is just superficial knowledge.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I change “finding” to “to find”? What is the difference?
(2.)    In the second, can I add “in fact” before “all”? ( In fact, all he has is just superficial knowledge”?

5. She insisted that he be invited to the party.
The book looks plain and simple without elaborate designs on the cover.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “She insisted on inviting him to the party”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “elaborate”? “Detailed”?

6. As her classmates laughed at her, she was so ashamed/embarrassed that she covered her face with her hands.
A journalist has an obligation to seek out and tell the truth.

(1.)   In the second, what could be a substitute for “seek out” and tell”? “search and report the truth”?
(2.)   In the second, what is the difference if I replace “an” with “the”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes

(1.)    What could be a substitute for “manner “and “implied” in the first sentence? attitude, and suggested
“Behavior “or “attitude “and “suggested” or “meant”? Yes, behavior and meant work as well
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “piracy” to “illegal copies”? If you just substitute piracy with illegal copies, the sentence doesn't make sense to me. I'd leave it as is.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first one, can I use an inverted sentence? “He has trouble studying almost anywhere. Only in the library can he concentrate on his studying”? Yes
(2.)    In the second, what could be a substitute for “adhere to”? “Follow” or “perform”? follow is OK, perform won't work here.

“Deduced “or “figured out”? yes to deduced, no to figure out.
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “…she spends hours reading some periodicals in the library”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I change “finding” to “to find”? No
What is the difference? you need a gerund here, not an infinitive.
(2.)    In the second, can I add “in fact” before “all”? ( In fact, all he has is just superficial knowledge”? Yes.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “She insisted on inviting him to the party”? yes
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “elaborate”? “Detailed”? yes

(1.)   In the second, what could be a substitute for “seek out” and tell”? “search and report the truth”? search for and report.
(2.)   In the second, what is the difference if I replace “an” with “the”?none in this case.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker