English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. Will you turn up the volume on the TV? I can’t hear it.
Will you turn up the air conditioning to the highest level? It’s so hot in here.

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first one, can I just say, “Will you turn up the TV”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “turn up the air conditioning to the highest level?

2. A: What would you like for dinner tonight?
B: It’s up to you.

A: Do you have a screw driver? I need to assemble this table.
B: There isn’t one on hand.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.) In the first one, does it mean the same if I change “it’s up to you” to “it doesn’t matter’?
(2. ) In the second, what is another way to say “there isn’t one on hand”? “There’ isn’t one available”?

3.A: How did the boxing match (or debate) turn out?
 B: In the end, no one won.

A: Could you use the copier in the office?
  B: No. It’s broken. We’d better get a new one soon.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)   In the second, can I change the tense in the sentence to the present tense? “Can you use the copier…”? Or can I say also, “Does the copier in the office still work”?

4.   A: There seems to be a problem with my problem.
B: Give me a moment. Let me check it out.

A: This is the only way to go about the problem.
B: I don’t think so. I believe there are other ways around.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)    In the first one, can I say “ Let me have a check”?

5. The concert turned out to be a dismal failure because not many people showed up.
You should study harder if you want to get a good grade on the test. There is no other way to go about it.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?

(1.)    In the second, what is another way to say “there is no other way to go about it”?  “There is no other way around”?

6.You ignored my advice and have got what you deserve. You really should have listened to what I was saying.
I need your help with my computer. Do you mind if I stop by now?

(1.)    In the first one, does it mean the same if I say “..and have got your just deserts”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “stop by” with “drop by”?

Answer

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first one, can I just say, “Will you turn up the TV”? yes
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “turn up the air conditioning to the highest level? set the AC to the lowest temperature

B: It’s up to you.

B: There isn’t one on hand.

Do both conversations make sense? yes, screwdriver is one word though.
(1.) In the first one, does it mean the same if I change “it’s up to you” to “it doesn’t matter’? yes
(2. ) In the second, what is another way to say “there isn’t one on hand”? “There’ isn’t one available”? Yes, or "I don't have one"

B: In the end, no one won.

Do both conversations make sense? yes, even though usually someone wins in a boxing match.
(1.)   In the second, can I change the tense in the sentence to the present tense? “Can you use the copier…”? Or can I say also, “Does the copier in the office still work”? Yes and yes again. The two sentences have different meanings though.

Do both conversations make sense? the first sentence sounds weird.
(1.)    In the first one, can I say “ Let me have a check”? I think so.(this sounds like something a British English user would say).

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes

(1.)    In the second, what is another way to say “there is no other way to go about it”?  “There is no other way around”? correct

(1.)    In the first one, does it mean the same if I say “..and have got your just deserts”? I'll be honest, while the expression is correct, I've never heard anyone use it.
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “stop by” with “drop by”? the two are synonyms, so yes.

As always, I  hope this helps.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker