English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.The candidate made/gave an eloquent speech to the audience in his election campaign.
  Be sure to address the envelope correctly, so the mail can reach the intended person.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “The candidate made an eloquent address in his election campaign” or “The candidate eloquently addressed the audience in his election campaign”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “..so the mail can reach the proper person”?

2. The purpose of this conference is to address the issue of global warming.
The government is adopting several drastic measures to address the issue of unemployment.

(1.)    In the first, does it mean the same if I say “The purpose of this conference is to help solve global warming”?
(2.)    In the second, can I change “the issue” to “the concern”? What is the difference?

3. When in class, students are asked to demonstrate/display their English listening and reading skills.
The teachers’ union took to the streets in protest against joblessness.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “skills” with “comprehension”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “took to the streets” and “joblessness”? “demonstrated” and “unemployment”?

4. At the job interview, the university’s director asked Phoebe to give a teaching demonstration.
The chef shows his culinary skills to audiences at cooking demonstrations.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “..the university’s director had Phoebe demonstrate her teaching skills”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say “shows off” instead “shows”? What is the difference?

5. The company has developed rapidly and has become one of the fast-growing businesses in the country.
She has developed a good exercise routine by self-training and self-discipline.

(1.)    In the second sentence, what is another word “developed”? “formed”?
(2.)    In the second, can I change “routine” to “habit”?

6. Monica tries to develop good reading habits by finding something that she enjoys reading about.
Exercise can help develop the muscles and improve health.

(1.)    In the second, can I leave out “help” and just say “Exercise can develop the muscles and improve health”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, in the second I'd say "so it can reach the intended person"
(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “The candidate made an eloquent address in his election campaign” or “The candidate eloquently addressed the audience in his election campaign”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “..so the mail can reach the proper person”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first, does it mean the same if I say “The purpose of this conference is to help solve global warming”? no
(2.)    In the second, can I change “the issue” to “the concern”? What is the difference? you could but "issue" makes more sense for me here.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “skills” with “comprehension”? yes
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “took to the streets” and “joblessness”? “demonstrated” and “unemployment”? yes, in fact "joblessness" is not a very common word. We use unemployment instead"

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, only we usually say "the director of the University"
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “..the university’s director had Phoebe demonstrate her teaching skills”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I say “shows off” instead “shows”? What is the difference? No. To show means to demonstrate, to show off means to make a deliberate or pretentious display of one's abilities or accomplishments. Usually arrogant people show off.

(1.)    In the second sentence, what is another word “developed”? “formed”? no, grown or advanced.
(2.)    In the second, can I change “routine” to “habit”? no, we call it an "exercise routine"

(1.)    In the second, can I leave out “help” and just say “Exercise can develop the muscles and improve health”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker