English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. At one time or another, students are given questionnaires to evaluate their teachers.

Studying at a language school is a good way to gather knowledge about English.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.) In the first sentence, what is another way to say “at one time or another”?
(2.) Does it mean the same if I say, “At one time or another, students are given evaluation forms to rate their professors.

2. John got a bad evaluation from his supervisor because of his being constantly late and poor job performance.
Teachers have to evaluate students before giving them grades.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I leave out “his” before “being”?
(2.)    In the first, can I replace “because of” with “for”?

3.Customers are always our company’s primary concern.
Asians rely on rice as their primary source of food energy.

(1.)    In each of the two sentences above, can I change “primary” to “prime”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Asians rely on rice as their primary food source”?

4. During the orchard tour, guests can stroll, gather fruit and take it home for free.
All students will gather at the hall for the morning session,

(1.)    In the second, what is another word for “gather”? “Assemble”?
(2.)    In the second, can I change “for” to “during”?

5.If you put all eggs in one basket when investing, you are taking a great risk.
The chess player devised a good strategy to defeat his opponent in the game.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “..you are risking the money you put in”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “The chess player defeated his opponent by devising a good strategy”?

6. Employees should keep learning and improving themselves. If they don’t have something under their belts, they will soon lose their competitiveness in the market.
I didn’t want to go to the party, but Josh convinced me to change my mind.

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first one, what is another way to say “lose their competitiveness”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I leave out “to change my mind”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, I'd rephrase the second one though: Studying at a language school is a good way to learn English.
(1.) In the first sentence, what is another way to say “at one time or another”? Sooner or later
(2.) Does it mean the same if I say, “At one time or another, students are given evaluation forms to rate their professors. yes only teachers and professors are different - a teacher teaches students from kindergarden to the 12th grade, a professor teaches college and/or university students.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, but "because of being constantly late"
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I leave out “his” before “being”? yes
(2.)    In the first, can I replace “because of” with “for”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes (I'd say food in the second instead of food energy)

(1.)    In each of the two sentences above, can I change “primary” to “prime”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Asians rely on rice as their primary food source”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the second, what is another word for “gather”? “Assemble”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I change “for” to “during”?  no, the meaning changes if you do so.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but the expression is "put all your eggs in one basket". Also, I see no point in adding "in the game" at the end of the second sentence.
(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “..you are risking the money you put in”? no (see this link for the meanings of "put in" http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/put%20in)
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “The chess player defeated his opponent by devising a good strategy”? yes

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct? yes, but I'd rephrase the second:
I didn’t want to go to the party, but Josh convinced me (to).
I didn’t want to go to the party, but Josh changed my mind.
(1.)    In the first one, what is another way to say “lose their competitiveness”? "become less competitive"
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I leave out “to change my mind”? see above

I hope this helps Oppo.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker