English as a Second Language/ADVERB/NUMBER/CAPITALISATION

Question
Hello!

I have three questions. I hope you do not mind answering them.

1. POSITION OF ADVERB
Between the following sentences, is any of them grammatically incorrect? If not, is there any difference in the nuance of meaning?
-My boss often travels to Singapore.
-My boss travels often to Singapore.
-My boss travels to Singapore often.

2. NUMBER

We read that  'the jury ordered Samsung to pay Apple $119.6 million for infringing the iPhone maker's patents.' Why not 'millions'?

3. CAPITALISATION

If I wish to follow the 'down' (lowercase) style of punctuation how should I spell the word 'board' when I am talking of a specific board known to me and the reader.

-I am going to attend the Board (first mention) meeting. I shall raise several questions in the Board meeting ( second mention).
-I am going to attend the Board (first mention) meeting. I shall raise several questions in the board meeting ( second mention).
-I am going to attend the board (first mention) meeting. I shall raise several questions in the board meeting ( second mention).

I shall be grateful for your clarification.

Cordial greetings
Chodi

Answer
Hello Chodi,

I'd be more than happy to help you with your questions:

1. POSITION OF ADVERB
Between the following sentences, is any of them grammatically incorrect?

>>> all three sentences below are correct

If not, is there any difference in the nuance of meaning?

>>> there are absolutely no differences between the sentences

-My boss often travels to Singapore.
-My boss travels often to Singapore.
-My boss travels to Singapore often.

2. NUMBER

We use an 's' when dealing with a indefinite number: millions of people, hundreds of ways, etc. Here you have 119.6 million dollars, a definite number, therefore "million".

3. CAPITALISATION

I'd go with the third option, because you're not being very specific about the board you're talking about. If you were to say "I'm going to attend the X School District Board meeting." you'd have to capitalize the first mentioning of the "Board", otherwise lowercase letters are fine.

I hope this helps.

Looking forward for more of your interesting questions.

Best regards,

Amy  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker