English as a Second Language/conversations

Question
1.A: Should we schedule the meeting for June 15?
B: Well, we had better not. Some out-of-town clients will come to visit me then.

A: Why did the exhibit close early?
B: There wasn’t much of a crowd.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)    In the first conversation, can I replace “schedule” with “arrange” and say, “Should we arrange the meeting for June 15”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if B says, “There weren’t many people there” or “Few people showed up at the exhibit”?

2.A: You’d like to have a table for four reserved for Tuesday?
B: That’s right. Could you arrange the reservation for me?

A: Will John be in charge of your project after you leave the company?
B: No, Mark will take over.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)    In the first conversation, may I say “You’d like to book/reserve a table for four for Tuesday”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “Mark will take the responsibility”?

3.   A: Where is the maintenance staff who’s in charge of the network?
B: He is out for lunch and he will step back soon.

A: What do you think of your new manager?
B: He is high maintenance. He always gets me to do what he needs and wants me to be on call anytime of the day.

Do both sentences make sense?

(1.)    In the second, what is another way to say “high maintenance”? “Demanding”?

4.   A: How does the store give away free drinks to customers?
or how can we get free tickets for the concert?
B: It’s on a first come first served basis, so we have to be the first one in line.

A: The restaurant doesn’t take reservations and seats people on a first come first served basis because it is very popular.
B: Oh, then we have to be there early to get a table.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)    In the first conversation, what is another way to say “we have to be the first one in line”?

5.   A: Does your company have any position open?
B: I am afraid I don’t have that information.

A: I am calling to find out if the repairs on my computer are finished.
B: Why don’t I give you our tech support’s contact number?

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)    In the first conversation, does it mean the same if I say “Does your company have any job openings/vacancies”?
(2.)    In the first one, does it mean the same if B says, “I don’t know”?
(3.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “I am calling to find out when I can get my repaired laptop back”?

6.There is no direct flight to my destination, so I have to catch a connecting flight as soon as I arrive in Los Angeles.

I can help you guys with your questions, but I’ve only got five minutes left. First come, first served.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?

Answer

A: Why did the exhibit close early?
B: There wasn’t much of a crowd.

Do both conversations make sense? yes
(1.)    In the first conversation, can I replace “schedule” with “arrange” and say, “Should we arrange the meeting for June 15”? yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if B says, “There weren’t many people there” or “Few people showed up at the exhibit”? yes

B: No, Mark will take over.

Do both conversations make sense? yes
(1.)    In the first conversation, may I say “You’d like to book/reserve a table for four for Tuesday”? yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “Mark will take the responsibility”? yes

Do both sentences make sense? the first should read "maintenance person" and "come back" not "step back"

(1.)    In the second, what is another way to say “high maintenance”? “Demanding”? yes, in this context "demanding" would be appropriate

Do both conversations make sense?
In my opinion the question "How does the store give away free drinks to customers?" requires a different type of answer.
Also, "we have to be the first (ones) in line"
(1.)    In the first conversation, what is another way to say “we have to be the first one in line”? none I can think of

Do both conversations make sense? the first should be rephrased:
Are there any job openings with your company?
(1.)    In the first conversation, does it mean the same if I say “Does your company have any job openings/vacancies”? This is actually the correct way to ask the question you intended to ask above
(2.)    In the first one, does it mean the same if B says, “I don’t know”? yes
(3.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “I am calling to find out when I can get my repaired laptop back”? yes, the meaning is almost the same

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker