English as a Second Language/Idiom I cant find

There is an idiom in English which is used when a person wants to use the bathroom at a friends place (or a person house). It's something like; "show me around the house or place" not exactly sure. I tried looking it up in Google too. But the only meaning of "showing someone around the house" would mean to well show them the house. What's the idiom, I can't find it.

Thank You

Hi Vinod!

Sorry, I'm not really sure what the idiom you're looking for is!  It's definitely not "show me around the/your place/house", though!  As you said, that simply means show someone all the sections/areas/rooms of a location.

You may be thinking of something like "Could you show me to the bathroom?" or "Could you show me where the bathroom is?"  Those are not really idioms, though, just common expressions.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help!  If you could give me some more information maybe I could think of something different!

English as a Second Language

Brian Connelly

I can answer pretty much any question a student might have about English; about grammar, vocabulary, meanings of words, phrases, expressions or idioms, pronunciation, etc. I can answer questions about how to learn or study English better, how to improve certain aspects of communication (listening, writing, speaking, etc), about why we have certain rules.

I've been teaching English in Japan, mainly as a private (one-to-one) teacher, but also at companies such as Universal Studios or international airports. I have taught professional interpreters and translators and I have also taught students who dropped out of high school and never learned any English. Several years ago I acquired the CELTA and I have been running my own classroom for the past year.

None in particular, but I work with a number of companies who regularly introduce me to new students and occasionally to other companies that are looking for English teachers.

I currently have approximately 40 individual students with whom I work one on one. I have also worked with local manufacturing companies, colleges, local retailers, as well as Sharp, Universal Studios, Itami International Airport, Kobe International Airport