English as a Second Language/Can you proofread two short stories

QUESTION: Can you proofread two short stories, one that is 7,000 words and the other one is 8,000 words that is written in UK English and is supposed to be appropriate for children to read?

ANSWER: Feel free to send them my way. Is there a deadline for this?

Best regards,

QUESTION: Two British ghostwriters write these stories, and I legally own the copyright. They are written in UK English using British spelling and grammar rules, and are designed for use in the UK. Can you determine if it would be appropriate to let children under the age of 12 to read them? I do not want to pay a Canadian company to transform them to an e-book if they are no good.

Can you give me your email address, so I can forward them in a word document to you?

Username dot msn com is the proper way to write your email address in order to avoid spam.

I'd prefer that you send the stories through this site. You may have to break them into several parts though as there might be a limit to the number of characters in your message.

Given that this is a "public" message, and my answer to you will be posted on the website, I am not going to post my private email address here. Not to mention that I refrain from sharing my personal email with anyone who benefits from my volunteering services here.

Also if this is sensitive info and you don't want the material you have to become public before it's properly published, I'd suggest you mark your questions as private so that I'm the only one who can read them and you're the only one who will be able to see my answer.

As far as determining if they're appropriate for kids under 12, it may be a bit tricky - I'm mainly working with adults, but I will try my best to help you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed