English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.She arranged the meeting for Thursday to discuss the budget.
They have arranged for the celebration to be put off for two    days.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   How can I rewrite the first sentence if I want to specify the time when she arranged the meeting? For example, the meeting was arranged last Tuesday.
“She arranged the meeting last Tuesday to discuss the budget on Thursday” or “She arranged the Thursday meeting last Tuesday to discuss the budget”?

(2.) What is another way to rephrase the second one? “They have rescheduled the celebration for two days later “or “They have delayed the celebration for two days”?

2. Many people associate hospitals with white.
The sales representative is invited to attend the meeting.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “Many people link hospitals with white” or “Many people connect hospitals with white”?
(2.)    Would it be more appropriate if the second sentence was in the perfect sentence?
“The sales representative has been invited to….”?

3.I’d like to register this letter? Which window should I go to?
The house and the car he bought are both registered in his wife’s name.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “I’d like to have this letter registered”?
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “in” with “with” or “under”?

4. If you send your mail registered, then you are able to keep track of it once it gets lost.
If you enter a medical term in English, the explanation will appear/show.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “keep track of”?
(2.)    What is a substitute for “enter’ in the second?

5. His personality makes it very difficult to negotiate and reach an agreement with him.
The manager will announce his decision next week after careful consideration.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “His personality makes people feel difficult to negotiate and reach an agreement with him”?

6.Do you know the whole procedure for getting a driver’s license?
Although he was overcome with fear, he tried hard to relax and hide his tension.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “Do you know how to apply for a driver’s license”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “he was filled with fear”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes, but I'd rephrase the first to read:
She arranged the meeting to discuss the budget for Thursday. Or even simpler: She arranged the budget meeting for Thursday.

“She arranged the meeting last Tuesday to discuss the budget on Thursday” or “She arranged the Thursday meeting last Tuesday to discuss the budget”? None of these work.

Last Tuesday she arranged the meeting to discuss the budget for Thursday.

(2.) What is another way to rephrase the second one? “They have rescheduled the celebration for two days later “or “They have delayed the celebration for two days”?  Yes, or: They have postponed the celebration for two days.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “Many people link hospitals with white” or “Many people connect hospitals with white”? Theoretically yes, but the only version I'm comfortable calling "correct" is the original.
“The sales representative has been invited to….”? Not exactly, it depends on the context. Both sentences are correct though.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? The first is not. Never heard anyone saying that. What you're looking for is:
I'd like to send a registered/certified letter.
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “I’d like to have this letter registered”? See above
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “in” with “with” or “under”? 'under' is correct, "with" is not

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes, only the first doesn't make sense. If a letter is lost you can't keep track of it since it's lost...
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “keep track of”? None really
(2.)    What is a substitute for “enter’ in the second? Input/type

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but I'd rephrase the second:
After careful consideration, the manager will announce...
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “His personality makes people feel difficult to negotiate and reach an agreement with him”? Yes.

6. Do you know the whole procedure for getting a driver’s license?

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes only getting a DL is a process not a procedure.
(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “Do you know how to apply for a driver’s license”? No.
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “he was filled with fear”? Yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker