English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Good tenants should give their landlords a 30-day notice before they move.
Low-cost modern houses have replaced deteriorated houses, so poor tenants are able to pay their rent.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the second, can I change “have replaced deteriorated houses” to “have substituted for deteriorated houses”?
(2.)    In the second, should I use the plural “rents”?

2. Granted that he has enough money to buy a house, it doesn’t mean he will do so.
Sophia decided to leave her boyfriend because he took her love for granted and took advantage of her all the time.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “Even if he has enough money..” or “Even though he has enough money..”?
(2.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I leave out “it doesn’t mean”?
“Granted that he has enough money to buy a house, he will not do so”?

3. The communist country restricts their people from accessing Facebook or other websites.
In class, students are restricted from talking or using cell phones.
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I replace “restricts” with “blocks” or “limits”?

4.Where is the manager? I need his signatures on these documents.
The company has violated the safety regulations because there are no emergency exit signs in their facilities.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “I need him to sign these documents”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “The company has violated the safety regulations by not having emergency exit signs”?

5. This job requires the employee to be able to work independently and also cooperate with his team if needed.
Children may clean up their own rooms or cooking meals for their families to show their independence.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..and also work as a team player if needed”?

6. The couple’s love story started with an encounter on the Internet.
In the west, salary is the sensitive issue to talk about, so we should avoid this topic when we converse with others.

(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I change “converse” with “chat”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)   In the second, can I change “have replaced deteriorated houses” to “have substituted for deteriorated houses”? no
(2.)    In the second, should I use the plural “rents”? not necessarily

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “Even if he has enough money..” or “Even though he has enough money..”? yes
“Granted that he has enough money to buy a house, he will not do so”? If you leave out "it doesn't mean" it means that you know that he will NOT buy a house. In its original version, it's unclear whether the person will buy a house or not.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I replace “restricts” with “blocks” or “limits”? restricts and blocks are synonyms here; limits means that people are allowed some limited access to those websites. Limits doesn't really make sense here. Government can limit access to websites, it can't limit their people...

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “I need him to sign these documents”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “The company has violated the safety regulations by not having emergency exit signs”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "cook" not "cooking"
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..and also work as a team player if needed”? yes but "be" rather than "work"

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "salary is A sensitive issue"
(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I change “converse” with “chat”? yes, or better yet talk/speak.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker