English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. I’m not satisfied with the quality of your goods and hope you can improve it in the future.
 Punctuality is the most important trait/characteristic in a person who wants to get ahead.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say “..hope you can make improvement in the future”?
(2.)    In the second, what is the difference if I change “in” to “for”?

2. .In some way, you may say money is the source of all evils.
Companion animals may be a significant source of warmth, affection, love and devotion.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I change “in some way” to “in some ways”? What is the difference?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “companion animals” with “pets”?

3. Scientists use certain instruments to make sure of the accurate prediction of earthquakes.
He spent all his life to fulfill his dream.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…to make sure that the prediction of earthquakes is accurate”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “to realize his dream” or “to carry out his dream”?

4. Diligence, loyalty and integrity are the three qualities he hopes to see from his employees.
 To fulfill this dream is regarded as impossible.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “three qualities he expects of his employees”?
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “is regarded as” with “is viewed as” or “considered”?

5. There is not sufficient food supply in some African countries.
 Beta-carotene supplements can prevent men with signs of heart disease from suffering life-threatening heart attacks and strokes.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I leave out “supply”?
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “signs of “and “suffering life threatening “ and say, “Beta-carotene supplements can prevent men with heart disease from heart attacks and strokes”?

6 .  He supplemented his explanation with some pictures.
   He adjusted his watch as the time in the state is 40 minutes behind Texas.

(1.)  In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “He used some pictures to supplement his explanation”?
(2. ) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “He reset his watch as the time in the state is 40 minutes later than Texas”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say “..hope you can make improvement in the future”? no
(2.)    In the second, what is the difference if I change “in” to “for”? no difference

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "in some ways"
(1.)   In the first sentence, can I change “in some way” to “in some ways”? What is the difference? When you use "in some ways" it means that you can make statements to support this statement, and some that may to go against it.
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “companion animals” with “pets”? yes; also affection and love are somewhat synonyms so you may want to choose one of the two and eliminate the other.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rephrase the first:
Scientists use certain instruments to ensure the accurate prediction of earthquakes.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…to make sure that the prediction of earthquakes is accurate”? yes, but I'd use the version I suggested above.
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “to realize his dream” or “to carry out his dream”? yes, "carry out" is not as used as the other two though

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes. I'd say "expects to see in his employees". Also the second sentence sounds impersonal. I'd say "People consider that fulfilling his dream is impossible".
(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “three qualities he expects of his employees”? yes
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “is regarded as” with “is viewed as”  or “considered”? see above

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "food" not "food supply"
If you want to use "food supply" you should say" The food supply in some African countries is insufficient".
Also, the second sentence should be rephrased:
Beta carotene supplements can help men with signs of heart disease prevent life threatening heart attacks and strokes.
Beta carotene can't prevent men (this would be the meaning conveyed by your original sentence) but it can prevent heart disease and stroke.
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I leave out “supply”? see above
See above. Also, yes you can leave out "life threatening"

(1.)  In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “He used some pictures to supplement his explanation”? yes
(2. ) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “He reset his watch as the time in the state is 40 minutes later than Texas”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker