English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.I enjoy a relaxing and stimulating bath, so I like to add a few drops of essential oil to the water before I soak in the tub.
When you have limited time to prepare for the exam, you should just pay attention to the essentials and ignore all other details.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I change “the essentials” to “the main points”?

2. The cell phone can function as a camera, web browser and game console.
Consumers are buying more cell phones these days because they are attracted by the new functions of the new products.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “The cell phone has functions such as picture taking, game playing and web browsing.”?
(2.)    In the second, should I leave out “new” before “functions”?

3.The function of this organization is to protect women from domestic violence.
Some couches can function as a sitting space or be enlarged to function as a queen bed.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say, “..protect women from abuse by their husbands”?
(2.)    How do I rephrase the second sentence to avoid using “function” twice”?

4.Though a busy worker, Steven always maintains a good balance between family life and career.
This is an old car, but it has been maintained in good condition.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..Steven can always balance between family life and career”?

5.All my car maintenance is regularly done at the auto shop.
You will obtain more job opportunities if you have more certificates and can speak fluent English.

(1.)    In the first sentence, should I say, “All my car’s maintenance is regularly done..”?
(2.)    What is the difference if I say, “I have my car tuned-up regularly at the auto shop”?

6.Success doesn’t come easily. You have to work hard to obtain it.
We have to return your products because some of them are of poor quality.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.) In the first sentence, can I say, “Success doesn’t come easy”?
(2 .) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “some of them are in poor quality”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but in my opinion relaxing and stimulating have opposite meanings, so you can't really have a bath that relaxes and stimulated you at the same time.
(1.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I change “the essentials” to “the main points”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “The cell phone has functions such as picture taking, game playing and web browsing.”? those aren't exactly functions, I'd stick to the original sentence
(2.)    In the second, should I leave out “new” before “functions”? you can but you don't have to. If you do the meaning will change slightly

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say, “..protect women from abuse by their husbands”? domestic violence is not limited to abuse by the husbands, it's more general involving all types of partners. So you can say "protect..husbands" but the meaning is going to change
Some couches can function as a sitting space and can also be converted into queen size beds.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "...balance between his family life..."
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..Steven can always balance between family life and career”? I'd say "Though a busy worker, Steven has always balanced his family life and career"

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but you can't "obtain" job opportunities. I think you meant "You will have more job opportunities..."
(1.)    In the first sentence, should I say, “All my car’s maintenance is regularly done..”? yes
(2.)    What is the difference if I say, “I have my car tuned-up regularly at the auto shop”? no difference

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.) In the first sentence, can I say, “Success doesn’t come easy”? yes
(2 .) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “some of them are in poor quality”?  you can say "poor in quality" but not "in poor quality"

I hope this helps.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker