English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. All class participants must conform to the regulations set by the teacher. That means eating, talking and using cell phones are not allowed during class.
All employees must conform to the company’s requirements and policies such as the dress code and standard office procedures.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the second, can I replace “conform to”with “follow”, “obey”, “abide by” or “comply with”?
(2.)    In the second, can I just say “All employees must conform to the company regulations such as the dress code…”?

2. During the production and shipping processes, both the buyer and the seller should conform to the terms and conditions of the contract.
You may return the defective product within 7 days of purchase for an exchange of the same item.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I use the singular “process”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “You may exchange the defective product for the same item within 7 days of purchase”?

3. The store has a lenient return policy. As long as you bring your returned product with a dated receipt, you will get your money back with no question asked.
Weaknesses in the secondary school education system have surfaced again, on the heels of the recent outbreaks of campus violence and suicides.

(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “weaknesses” with “defects” and “have surfaced” with “have emerged”?

4. All restaurants should conform to the health regulations and have their kitchens cleaned and inspected often.
Scientists believe that animals have basic instincts that enable them to perceive environmental changes several days before a natural disaster happens.

In the first sentence, can I use the active voice “…and clean and inspect their kitchens often”?

5. He is going to ascertain the number of the guests before he sends his wedding invitations.
Most people assume that women are soft-hearted, humane, and pious with strong religious leanings, but that can be a stereotype.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “ascertain” to “make sure”, “find out” or “ensure”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a good substitute for “assume”? “Beileve”or “are under the impression that’?

6.In Taiwan, the costs of living have been rapidly rising in the past few decades, but the income levels have remained the same or even declined. More and more people can’t afford their basic necessities.
In the past two decades, women here have entered every sphere of human activity.

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct?
(1.)    What is another way to say “every sphere of human activity”?

Answer

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the second, can I replace “conform to”with “follow”, “obey”, “abide by” or “comply with”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I just say “All employees must conform to the company regulations such as the dress code…”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I use the singular “process”? yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “You may exchange the defective product for the same item within 7 days of purchase”? yes

(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “weaknesses” with “defects” and “have surfaced” with “have emerged”? no to defects, yes to "emerged"

In the first sentence, can I use the active voice “…and clean and inspect their kitchens often”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “ascertain” to “make sure”, “find out” or “ensure”?  find out is the only one that works here, or "determine"
(2.)    In the second, what is a good substitute for “assume”? “Beileve”or “are under the impression that’ yes, to "believe" and "be under the impression that"; "think" can also be used

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct? yes, but "In Taiwan" belongs at the end of the sentence, not at the beginning of it.
(1.)    What is another way to say “every sphere of human activity”? all areas of activity/work

I hope this helps.

Amy  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker