English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.The government official stepped down to take full responsibility for his slow response to the typhoon.

The college student who launched a brutal knife attack on the MRT system is responsible for 4 four deaths and 21 injures.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?

2.As a CEO, Peter holds great responsibility for his company.
The teacher is responsible for teaching English and helping students with their learning.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “holds great responsibility for…”?

3. We spent hours trying to find a solution to the problem but failed.
When we run into trouble, we should face it and find a solution.

(1.)  In the second, does it mean the same if I say “When we run into a problem”?

4.  Weather conditions have complicated the search of the missing airplane.
  It will only complicate the situation if try to involve more people in this project.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “Weather conditions have increased the difficulty of the search …”?

5 .  The flight was delayed due to the bad weather and its complications.
   The patient died of lung cancer and its complications.

(1.)    What could be a substitute for “complications” in each of the sentences? “other related problems”?

6. He said, “Don’t mention it” when I thanked him for his help.
 I thanked John for his big help, but he said what he had done was not worth mentioning.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to “don’t mention it”? “That’s not much” or “not at all”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "injured" or "injuries" , also "the brutal knife attack"

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “holds great responsibility for…”? is (extremely) responsible for

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, you need a comma before "but" in the first

(1.)  In the second, does it mean the same if I say “When we run into a problem”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "the search for" in the first also "if you try" in the second (the second sentence in your second example above doesn't have a subject)

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “Weather conditions have increased the difficulty of the search …”? yes
I'd say "The weather (conditions) made the search for the missing plane more difficult"

(1.)    What could be a substitute for “complications” in each of the sentences? “other related problems”? yes but it sounds weird I'd stick to "complications"

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to “don’t mention it”? “That’s not much” or “not at all”? yes or "you're welcome" "happy to help you" or anything along these lines.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker