English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Most dollar stores provide customers with affordable products.
House prices in Taipei are not affordable for the average person. Most office workers can’t buy a house to live.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “provide customers with affordable prices” or “provide customers with products at affordable prices”?
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “for the average person” with “for average people”?

2. Though unhappy about his salary, John can’t afford to quit the job because he needs to support a family of five.
David wants to live alone, but he can’t afford the rent, so he is finding a roommate to share the expenses.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.) In the second, can I replace “share the expenses” with “share the house”?

3. These are such clear instructions that no one has any questions.
When you buy a laptop, you should consider the durability of its battery and other components.

(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “When you buy a laptop, you should choose the types with durable batteries and other components”?

4. The charity always takes the initiative in helping the poor or victims affected by natural disasters. That’s why it has gained a good reputation around the world

If you want to have a friend, you should take the initiative to meet people and get to know them.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I change “affected by” to “in”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “get to know them”?

5. Students should take PE classes because exercise enhances their physical and mental abilities.
He studied physics in college and later became a physicist.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “abilities” to “development”?

6. The umpire gave the pitcher a verbal warning for the deliberate wild pitch.
I study English every day to increase my vocabulary and knowledge.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…a verbal warning for deliberately throwing at the batter’s head”?

7. After living with his girlfriend for ten years, Josh decided to move out because familiarity breeds contempt.
Is the sentence grammatically correct?

Answer

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “provide customers with affordable prices” or “provide customers with products at affordable prices”? either one works
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “for the average person” with “for average people”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.) In the second, can I replace “share the expenses” with “share the house”? yes, but "expenses" sounds better

(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “When you buy a laptop, you should choose the types with durable batteries and other components”? yes

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I change “affected by” to “in”? no, you can use "of" instead though
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “get to know them”? "familiarize yourself with them" but it sounds odd; stick to "get to know them"

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “abilities” to “development”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…a verbal warning for deliberately throwing at the batter’s head”? yes but throwing ...what?! the sentence is incomplete

Is the sentence grammatically correct? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker