English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.It is a privilege to have your magazine take interest in the bicycles produced by our company.
People use cushions to decorate their couches or beds and to make seating more comfortable.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “take interest” with “show interest”?
(2.)    What is another way to rephrase the first one? “We feel privileged that your magazine is interested in the bikes produced by our company”?

2.The bike is equipped with a saddle, thickly cushioned to eliminate the effect of road unevenness.
Our company always provides the best quality products with our customers in mind.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?

(1.)    In the first sentence, what could be a good substitute for “thickly cushioned”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “with something in mind”?

3. We provide courses geared towards the needs of students who want to improve their language skills.
Our restaurant introduced a new menu geared towards vegetarians or others with particular dietary needs.

(1.)    What can be taken in place of “geared towards” in the sentences?
“Directed at” “catering to”?

4. The bike comes standard with a complete titanium frame.
Most houses built in Taiwan are able to withstand earthquakes and strong winds.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I leave out “standard”? What’ the difference with or without the word?

5.Riding a roller coaster gives me the sensation of free-falling and weightlessness.
The MRT stabbing spree has highlighted the problem of security on public transportation.

(1.)    In the first sentence, should I use the plural “sensations”?

6. He was attacked by an unknown disease and has often had a burning sensation in his feet since then.
Though Mary is very intelligent, she is nonetheless rather modest.

(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “Mary is very intelligent, but she is nonetheless rather modest” or “Mary is very intelligent; nonetheless, she is rather modest”?

7. You can punch 4 or 5 holes along the edge of the pages and then bind them with a string or ribbon.
Is the sentence grammatically correct?

Answer
1. .It is a privilege to have your magazine take interest in the bicycles produced by our company.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “take interest” with “show interest”? Yes
(2.)    What is another way to rephrase the first one? “We feel privileged that your magazine is interested in the bikes produced by our company”? Yes, this works fine
In the second sentence, I believe you mean "pillows" rather than cushions...even though they are synonyms, most people I know would say "pillows". Also, you need a comma before "and" in the second sentence.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rephrase the first: The bike is equipped with a thickly cushioned saddle (in order) to eliminate... Also, the second sounds awkward.
Out company always provides the best quality products that satisfy the needs of our customers.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what could be a good substitute for “thickly cushioned”? Thickly padded
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “with something in mind”? See above

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
“Directed at” “catering to”? Yes, and yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? The first should read: The bike comes with a standard titanium frame.
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I leave out “standard”? You can leave it out, if you do, then the sentence will make sense.
What’ the difference with or without the word?

(1.)    In the first sentence, should I use the plural “sensations”? You could, but you don't have to.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I wouldn't say "attacked by a disease" but rather "contracted a disease"
(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “Mary is very intelligent, but she is nonetheless rather modest” or “Mary is very intelligent; nonetheless, she is rather modest”? Yes

Is the sentence grammatically correct? Yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker