English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.To make a phone call, enter the numbers on the keypad and then press “dial” on your screen.
Do you understand the function of each button on the copy machine?

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also “enter the keys on the keypad and then press “dial” on your cell”?
(2.)    In the second, can I change “on” to “of”?

2.Do you know how to install the software in your computer?
We are trying to fix glitches in the equipment.
We have to replace some of the components in this machine.
You can save the file in your computer.

(1.)   In the above sentences, can I replace “in” with another preposition? For example, can I say “save the file on your computer”?
(2.)    Can you give me another example when “in “should be used before a piece of equipment?

3.We are offering the astonishing device for over 40% off.
I hope that you find my lecture helpful in your learning and improving the language skills.

(1.)   What is another way to rephrase the first sentence?
“We are offering the astonishing device at 40% off or more” or “We are offering a 40 % discount on our astonishing device”?

4.John is going into rehab to cure his drug addiction and start a new life.
At our company, most overseas assignments are two years in duration.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another to say “go into rehab”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “two years in length” or “two years long”?

5. We would like to be put on the next board meeting’s agenda so that we may express our concern in person.

While I was very interested in the opportunity and working with you, the position I accepted is more suitably matched to my skills and experience.

(1.)  In the first sentence, what is another way to say "we would like to be put on the agenda"?

(2.)    In the second sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “suitably matched” with “suitable”? Or what is another choice?

6.Enclosed you will find a copy of transmittal form signed by Mr. Owens, on which he clearly stated that he noticed the damage while your driver was still on the premises.

Victor will begin his role as president and director on March 1 and will succeed the CEO within a year.

(1.)    I wonder if it would be better to rephrase the first sentence like this: Enclosed you will find a copy of transmittal form, on which Mr. Owens signed and clearly stated that….
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “succeed”? “Replace”?

Answer
1 .To make a phone call, enter the numbers on the keypad and then press “dial” on your screen.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but "button "of" the copy machine"
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also “enter the keys on the keypad and then press “dial” on your cell”? This won't really make sense. In this case "on your cell" is redundant.
(2.)    In the second, can I change “on” to “of”? See above

2.Do you know how to install the software in your computer? >>> it's ON your xomputer
We are trying to fix glitches in the equipment. >>> We're trying to fix the equipment glitches
We have to replace some of the components in this machine. >>> "of this machine"
You can save the file in your computer. >>> "to your computer"

(1.)   In the above sentences, can I replace “in” with another preposition? For example, can I say “save the file on your computer”? See above for correct sentences
(2.)    Can you give me another example when “in “should be used before a piece of equipment? "I think there is a loose screw in/inside the engine compartment" In is not the best choice of preposition with these types of situations.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?  Yes but "improving your language skills"
(1.)   What is another way to rephrase the first sentence? This astonishing device is available at more than 40% off the tag price.
“We are offering the astonishing device at 40% off or more” yes
or “We are offering a 40 % discount on our astonishing device”? This means the discount is precisely 40% off so it doesn't work

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rephrase the second: Most overseas assignments at our company are two years long.
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another to say “go into rehab”? None
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “two years in length” or “two years long”? See above (two years in length/duration sounds unnatural)

>>> "in the opportunity OF working with you"

(1.)  In the first sentence, what is another way to say "we would like to be put on the agenda"? We'd like to participate (in person) at the next board meeting...

(2.)    In the second sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “suitably matched” with “suitable”? Yes
Or what is another choice? "better match for my skills..."

>>> "copy of THE transmittal"

>>> March 1st

(1.)    I wonder if it would be better to rephrase the first sentence like this: Enclosed you will find a copy of transmittal form, on which Mr. Owens signed and clearly stated that…. No, this is actually confusing.
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “succeed”? “Replace”? Yes, it's much better, in my opinion, to use "replace" here. You can also say "take over the CEO position within a year"  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker