English as a Second Language/never are never done

Hi Amy.
Would you please tell me what is the meaning of "The problem is that you never are never done"?
Many thanks.

Hello Azad,

unfortunately the sentence you would like to know about is incorrect. The expression "never are never" does not exist in English.

I'm guessing that what you meant to write is: The problem is that you are never done.

In this case, the meaning is simple: the problem is that the person this sentence refers to is never finished with his/her work, projects, or is never finished talking, singing, procrastinating ...etc.

I hope this helps.

If you had a different scenario in mind, feel free to get back to me and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Best regards,

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed