English as a Second Language/Question

Question
Please correct my sentences if they are wrong.
1.You draw the picture very small in your notebook.please aggrandize the picture.
Is it possible to use the word aggrandize in the above sentence?
how about this one? They are aggrandizing the amount of sugar.
I want to say that they are adding the amount of sugar.Is it possible to use the word aggrandize here?

2.I was in ambivalence.I didn't know which way I should choose.

Your answers are acceptable for me.That is what I want.I don't have context.I am making sentences with words.

Answer

No, aggrandize is not the right word choice here.
Here is what your sentences should sound like: The picture you drew in your notebook is very small. Please make/draw it bigger. or Please enlarge it.

how about this one?
They are aggrandizing the amount of sugar.
I want to say that they are adding the amount of sugar.Is it possible to use the word aggrandize here? This would not be correct. What you're looking for is:

They are increasing the amount of sugar.

to aggrandize = to increase the power, status, or wealth of, or to enhance the reputation of (someone) beyond what is justified by the facts.

The correct sentences here would be:
I was in doubt/limbo. I didn't know which way I should choose.
Using ambivalence in the sentence above would sound pompous and totally unnatural.

Thanks for clarifying your needs for me Nilo. I'm glad to hear you find my answers acceptable and helpful.

Looking forward to more of your questions.

Best regards,

Amy  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker