English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.The completion and opening of Hsueh Shan Tunnel was the ex-president’s one of greatest accomplishments during his administration.

All salespeople are asked to accomplish the sales goals set by the company. If they can’t, they will receive bad evaluations and lose their bonuses.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “accomplishments” with “achievements”?
(2.)    In the first sentence, I wonder if I can use the present tense “is the ex-president’s one of great accomplishments…”because the completion of the tunnel is considered one of his achievements even though he has finished his term.

2.Do you always complete your work for the day or do you put it off sometimes?
Do you think it is difficult to accomplish your work on time because your boss puts too much burden on you?

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I replace “complete” with “accomplish”?

3.When it comes to tennis, there is no match for Graf.
I really like your belt and it’s a perfect match for your skirt.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “no one can compare with Graf in tennis”?

4. The bank knows the check was forged because the signature on it doesn’t match the one on file.
The police solved the case by matching the suspects’ DNA with the crime samples.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also “..doesn’t match the record in the database”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “..by matching the suspects’ DNA with the samples collected at the crime scene”?

5.She failed to get the job because she didn’t have the qualifications it required.

According to the poll, the president had the lowest approval rating because most respondents didn’t think that he was qualified for the job.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..because he didn’t meet the company’s qualifications”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “..because most respondents were unhappy with his job performance”?

6. Working in direct marketing, Emma has to recruit new members and get them singed up under her, so she can earn more bonuses.

When the attacker went on a stabbing spree aboard the subway, most of the victims submitted to his intimidation and got stabbed.

(1.)    What is a good substitute for “intimidation” in the second?

Answer

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? The first one is not. The completion and ...was one of ex-president's greatest accomplishments"
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “accomplishments” with “achievements”? Yes
(2.)    In the first sentence, I wonder if I can use the present tense “is the ex-president’s one of great accomplishments…”because the completion of the tunnel is considered one of his achievements even though he has finished his term. Yes, but see the corrected sentence above.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I replace “complete” with “accomplish”? None, but complete is more casual. I wouldn't use accomplish here.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “no one can compare with Graf in tennis”? Yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also “..doesn’t match the record in the database”? Yes
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “..by matching the suspects’ DNA with the samples collected at the crime scene”? Yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..because he didn’t meet the company’s qualifications”? "because SHE didn't meet the JOB qualifications"
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “..because most respondents were unhappy with his job performance”? Yes

(1.)    What is a good substitute for “intimidation” in the second? Threats  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker