English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.The POW revealed the secret to the enemy after being beaten into submission.
When you make an online purchase with a credit card, you should enter your personal and card information first. After you have confirmed your input, press the “submit” button to process the order.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “after being beaten into submission”?
“After he was so severely beaten that he could no longer hide the secret”?
(2.)    Can I rephrase the third sentence like this? “After you have confirmed your input, submit your order by clicking on the send button”?

2. The troops surrendered to their enemy after they were defeated in the battle.
To apply for a passport, you should submit your payment along with your photo.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “surrendered” with “gave in” or “submitted”?

3.You should sign up for the test soon because Friday is the last day for application (applications).
We apply computer software to different aspects of our lives to make things more convenient.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…because the application ends on Friday”?

4. If you fail to make your credit card payments, an interest rate will be applied to your account balance.
The problem with most students learning English is that they lack confidence. If they practice more, they will regain their confidence and become fluent.

(1.)   What is another way to say “an interest rate will be applied to your account balance”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “regain their confidence”?

5. Janet has become more confident about her appearance after the plastic
surgery.
Investors are confident about the market, so they are investing more heavily in stocks.

(1.)    In the second, can I say, “..so they are putting more money into stocks’?

6. I am confident that he will pass the exam.
Some students feel hesitant about answering questions because they don’t have self-confidence.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, I am confident of his ability to pass the exam” or “I am confident of his passing the exam”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “Some students hesitate to answer questions…”?

Answer

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
“After he was so severely beaten that he could no longer hide the secret”? this works
(2.)    Can I rephrase the third sentence like this? “After you have confirmed your input, submit your order by clicking on the send button”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “surrendered” with “gave in” or “submitted”? yes, but i'd stick to the original

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…because the application ends on Friday”? yes

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? the third is a bit odd - students can't "regain" confidence when they never had it to begin with (the previous sentence states that they lack confidence)
(1.)   What is another way to say “an interest rate will be applied to your account balance”? You will be charged interest on your balance
(2.)    What is another way to say “regain their confidence”? see above; I don't think "regain their confidence" is appropriate in the context above

surgery.

(1.)    In the second, can I say, “..so they are putting more money into stocks’? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but it's more appropriate to say "because they lack self confidence"
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, I am confident of his ability to pass the exam” or “I am confident of his passing the exam”? I'd say: I'm confident that he will pass the exam.
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “Some students hesitate to answer questions…”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker