English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Today's Doppler radars are able to detect tornadoes remotely. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of unsolved mysteries about this type of storms due to their unpredictability.
Jean is intelligent and competent; nevertheless, she is rather modesty.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “nevertheless” with “nonetheless” or “however”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “Jean is intelligent and competent, yet she is rather modesty”?

2. Active mostly at night, muskrats nonetheless can be seen at anytime during the day.
My new job is difficult so far, yet I like it very much.

(1.)    In the first sentence, should I place “though” at the beginning?
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “nonetheless”with “however”or “nevertheless”?

3. The profusion of recorded music enables anybody in the world to enjoy almost every type of music.
Industrial revolution created a class of affluence called the bourgeoisie.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “the profusion of recorded music”? “The great amount of …”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “a class of affluence”?

4. Central American’s wealth of mountains and steady climate produce some of the best coffee beans in the world.
Very few people have explored that island, even though the resources are there in abundance.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “Central American’s wealth of mountains”?  “Central American’s abundant mountains”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Very few people have explored that island, even though it offers a wealth of resources “or “Very few people have explored that island, even though it is rich in natural resources”?

5.Tea tree oil has significant antiseptic properties.
Alcohol is known for its sterilizing effect.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “antiseptic”? “sterilizing”, “cleaning” or “disinfecting”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “sterilizing”? “antiseptic”, “cleaning” or “disinfecting”?

6.The pure drinking water came from a mountain spring.
The light casts long shadows upon the pristine snow.

(1.)    What is a substitute for “pure” in the first sentence? “Clean”, “uncontaminated” or “unpolluted”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “pristine”?  “Clean”or what else?

Answer
1. Today's Doppler radars are able to detect tornadoes remotely. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of unsolved mysteries about this type of storms due to their unpredictability.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but "modest"
(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “nevertheless” with “nonetheless” or “however”? Yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “Jean is intelligent and competent, yet she is rather modesty”? Yes, but again "modest"

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, should I place “though” at the beginning? You could, you don't have to though.
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “nonetheless”with “however”or “nevertheless”? Yes (assuming you refer to the first sentence though)

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “the profusion of recorded music”? “The great amount of …”? Yes
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “a class of affluence”? A wealthy class/group of people

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I wouldn't use "wealth of mountains" but "many mountains"
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “Central American’s wealth of mountains”?  “Central American’s abundant mountains”? See above, wealth and abundant aren't appropriate here in my opinion.
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Very few people have explored that island, even though it offers a wealth of resources “or “Very few people have explored that island, even though it is rich in natural resources”? Yes, actually these options are better than the original above.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “antiseptic”? “sterilizing”, “cleaning” or “disinfecting”? Any of these
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “sterilizing”? “antiseptic”, “cleaning” or “disinfecting”? Any of these

(1.)    What is a substitute for “pure” in the first sentence? “Clean”, “uncontaminated” or “unpolluted”? Any of these
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “pristine”?  “Clean”or what else? Untouched, immaculate  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker