English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. Three principal kinds of fleshy fruit are the berry, the pome and the drupe.
In Taiwan, you can find and enjoy many different kinds of fleshy fruit, such as bananas, pomelos and mangos. One of my favorites is the pineapple (pineapples), which has (have) orange skin with bright yellow, juicy flesh.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “principal”? “Main”, “important”, “central” or “chief”?
(2.)    In the first one, what is a good substitute for “fleshy”?

2.The computer and the cell phone today occupy central positions in our lives.
Rap music became paramount in black culture and has influenced other types of music until the present time.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “occupy” and “central”?
“lie in”and “important”, “main”, “principal”, “cardinal” or “chief”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “paramount”? “Principal”, “central”, or “supreme”?

3.   The Queen has sovereign power that can even veto a Supreme Court decision.
Most people in Taiwan believe that their island is an independent sovereignty beyond the control of PRC.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “sovereign”? “Supreme”or “paramount”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “sovereignty”?

4. Psychologists have been doing extensive research on how our hobbies affect us.
A comprehensive study of chimpanzees is possibly in only one place in the world.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “extensive”? “Comprehensive”, “overall”or “far-reaching”?
(2.)   In the second, what is a substitute for “comprehensive”? “Overall”, “whole”, “complete”or “extensive”?

5. One far-reaching consequence of inventing printing was that it promoted the increase of literacy across Europe.
The overall proposal was very impressive, although certain parts didn’t seem feasible.

(1.)   What is a substitute for “far-reaching” in the first sentence? “Extensive”,”complete”, “overall”or “comprehensive”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “overall”? “Complete”, “comprehensive”or “whole”?

6. Taiwan’s aborigines comprise more than nine tribes.
Natural forests consist of different kinds of tree species.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I replace “comprise” with “contain”, “consist of”, “are composed of”or “are made up of”?
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “consist of” with “include”, “are made up of”or “comprise”?

7.   
The police did an extensive search of the crime scene to find evidence.

Is the sentence grammatically correct?

Answer

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “principal”? “Main”, “important”, “central” or “chief”? main or important should work here
(2.)    In the first one, what is a good substitute for “fleshy”? if you really have to use a synonym I'd go for meaty or plump but the sentence would sound odd in my opinion

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rephrase the first:
Nowadays, the computer and the cell phone occupy central positions in our lives.
or
The computer and the cell phone occupy central positions in our lives nowadays.
Also, in the second "in the black culture"
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “occupy” and “central”? hold and important
“lie in”and “important”, “main”, “principal”, “cardinal” or “chief”? see above
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “paramount”? “Principal”, “central”, or “supreme”? I'd say predominant if you must

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "the PRC"
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “sovereign”? “Supreme”or “paramount”? supreme.
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “sovereignty”? supremacy, domination, even jurisdiction.

The second sentence is incorrect. Not sure what you tried to say so I can't advise on how to correct it.
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “extensive”? “Comprehensive”, “overall”or “far-reaching”? comprehensive is OK
(2.)   In the second, what is a substitute for “comprehensive”? “Overall”, “whole”, “complete”or “extensive”? extensive works here

(1.)   What is a substitute for “far-reaching” in the first sentence? “Extensive”,”complete”, “overall”or “comprehensive”? here far reaching means important in my opinion
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “overall”? “Complete”, “comprehensive”or “whole”? general and comprehensive are OK

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)   In the first sentence, can I replace “comprise” with “contain”, “consist of”, “are composed of”or “are made up of”? contain is the only one that doesn't work
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “consist of” with “include”, “are made up of”or “comprise”? yes

7.   

Is the sentence grammatically correct? yes

I hope this is helpful Oppo.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker