English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. On average, in which month does the highest unemployment rate occur in Taiwan?
Thank you for considering my job application. I am looking forward to employment with your company.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    What is another way to rephrase the first sentence? “On average, in which month does Taiwan have the highest unemployment rate”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “I am looking forward to employment with your company”?

2. A: Where do you work? B: I am currently employed with IBM.
A: Is there room to move up in your company? B: Yes, competent employees get promoted very often.

Do both conversations make sense?
(1.)    In the first one, can I change “with” to “by”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “Is there room to move up in your company”?

3. The boss often praises Nicolas for his calmness and competence in handling difficult situations.
Rose is very talented in languages. She can speak five different languages and keeps adding more to the list.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the first, can I say also, “The boss often compliments Nicolas on his calmness and..”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say “Rose has a talent for languages”?

4. He had serious misgivings about losing his job when his company was going through a financial crisis.
Most islanders expressed their misgivings about radiation safety after the government announced its decision to build the fourth nuclear power plant.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “going through” with “facing”?

5.Even though he was the least qualified applicant, he still got the loan because he had connections with the bank officer.
The job market for airline workers is so competitive that normally very few applicants can get the jobs.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “got”?

6. The audience passionately responded with applause to the performance on stage.
In response to the recent stabling attack on MRT, the government has tightened the security in each station.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “With their warm applause, the audience passionately responded to the performance on stage”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “tighten the security”? “increase patrolling”?

Answer

I'd rephrase them both:
On average, what is the month with the highest unemployment rate in Taiwan?
Thank you for... I am looking forward to starting working for your company.
(1.)    What is another way to rephrase the first sentence? “On average, in which month does Taiwan have the highest unemployment rate”? see above
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “I am looking forward to employment with your company”? see above

Do both conversations make sense? yes
(1.)    In the first one, can I change “with” to “by”? yes
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “Is there room to move up in your company”?Can you get promoted in your company?

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)   In the first, can I say also, “The boss often compliments Nicolas on his calmness and..”? yes
yes, in fact it sounds better

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “going through” with “facing”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “got”? received

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “With their warm applause, the audience passionately responded to the performance on stage”? yes but it's a bit upside down; stick to the original here
(2.)    What is another way to say “tighten the security”? “increase patrolling”? increase security (security measures involve more than just patrolling)

I hope this helps.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker