English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. The mother is partial to the youngest son, which causes a lot of tension among the siblings.
I’ve been spending too much time on the computer, so I feel tired now.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “The mother is partial to the youngest son”? “The mother favors the youngest son”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “ I’ve been working at the computer for a long time”?

2. Although some employees prefer a logo with a sleek look, I think there is a place for tradition and that you can’t go wrong with tried and true.
Although Alex may not be the right guy for Ann, I feel it’s not my place to judge that.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “there is a place for tradition”and “you can’t go wrong with tried and true”?
(2.)    Does the “place” in the first sentence have the same meaning as the one in the second?
(3.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I say “I feel I am in no position to judge that”?

3. I think the print ad campaign you put together impressed the client even more than the campaign we did for their footwear line last year.
When attending a job interview, you should dress professionally and demonstrate strong communication skills to impress the employer.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “put together” with “organized” and “line” with “assembly”?

4.Lankshire and the area’s Countywide Buses Transport, Inc are jointly sponsoring the shuttles.
Landshire Shopping Plaza is partnering with the city, Countywide Buses Transport, Inc. and the Downtown Business Association and to contribute funds to extend the free shuttles’ hours of operation during the busy holiday shopping period.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “jointly”? “together”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “partnering with…”?
(3.)    Should I remove “and” after “Association”?

5.Women who receive our loans agree to volunteer 100 hours within the first five years of receiving their loan. Woman learning from other women. That mentorship is a key aspect of the program.

(1.)    What is another way to say “agree to volunteer 100 hours”?
(2.)   What is another way to say, “learning from others”?

6.   A teacher not only teaches students but also learns from them by focusing on students’ strengths and observing how they learn.
People learn from mistakes.
People learn through play and work..

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “People learn by making mistakes”?
(2. ) In the third, does it mean the same if I say, “People learn by working and playing”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “The mother is partial to the youngest son”? “The mother favors the youngest son”? Yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “ I’ve been working at the computer for a long time”? Not exactly. Time spent on the computer doesn't always imply work.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “there is a place for tradition”and “you can’t go wrong with tried and true”? "a traditional look should be considered" "traditional things are always appropriate/in style"
(2.)    Does the “place” in the first sentence have the same meaning as the one in the second? Yes and no... In the first " there is a place" = "there is room" in the second "it's not my place" = it's none of my business"
(3.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I say “I feel I am in no position to judge that”? Yes

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “put together” with “organized” yes
and “line” with “assembly”? No

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “jointly”? “together”? Yes
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “partnering with…”? Working together with
(3.)    Should I remove “and” after “Association”? Yes, definitely.

(1.)    What is another way to say “agree to volunteer 100 hours”? Consent to volunteer 100 hours
(2.)   What is another way to say, “learning from others”? Educating each other or even teaching each other. I wouldn't change the original sentence though.

People learn from mistakes.
People learn through play and work..

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “People learn by making mistakes”? Yes
(2. ) In the third, does it mean the same if I say, “People learn by working and playing”? Yes, but the expression native English speakers would probably use is "through work and play".

I hope this helps Oppo.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker