English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Apes use their feet to grasp tree branches.
Europe countries seized control of other continent’s  economies through conquest and colonialism.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “grasp”?  “Hold”, “seize”, “grab”, “grip” or “clutch”?
(2.)    In the second, what is substitute for “seized”? “gained’, “took”, “grabbed”, “gripped”or “clutched”?

2.Computer graphics are used to grab the attention of consumers.
To use the bow, the arrow goes on the right hand side above the bow hand and the string is gripped with the thumb.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “grab”?  “Get”, “attract”, “capture” , “catch” or “seize”?
(2.)    What is a substitute for “gripped”in the second?  “grasped”, “clutched”, “grabbed”, “seized” or what else?

3.The man came up behind the woman, grabbed the purse off her arm and fled the scene.
Could you pick up the coin off the floor for me?

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is substitute for “grabbed”? “Snatched”, “pulled”or “ripped”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “pick up”? “Grab” or what else?

4. The hobbies one has are often very reflective of the person’s personality.
One of the hobbies for early settlers was gathering at the local pub.

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “The hobbies one has can fully reflect the person’s personality”or is there another way to say “are very reflective of”?
(2.)    In the each of the sentences, can I replace “hobbies” with “pastimes”, “avocations” or “diversions”?

5.This cell phone is innovative and impressive in terms of its design.
In regard to your request, there is nothing I can do to help you.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “in terms of”? “With regard to”, “with respect to”,“in regard to”, “in reference to” or “considering”?
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “in regard to” with “with regard to”, “with respect to”or “in reference to” or “regarding”?

6. He remained neutral with respect to the euthanasia issue.
Quezon City is the Phillpine’s largest city in terms of population size?

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is substitute for “with respect to”? “in terms of”and “in regard to” ,‘in reference to”or “when it comes to”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “in terms of “? “When it comes to”, “with regard to”, “in reference to” or “with respect to”?

7. Students listen carefully to the teacher in class, trying to grasp the main points of the lecture.
The Dutch used the word “Formosa” in reference to the beautiful island, Taiwan.

Answer

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “grasp”?  “Hold”, “seize”, “grab”, “grip” or “clutch”? hold on to, or grab
(2.)    In the second, what is substitute for “seized”? “gained’, “took”, “grabbed”, “gripped”or “clutched”? (European countries is the right expression) took can be used instead of seized

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “grab”?  “Get”, “attract”, “capture” , “catch” or “seize”? get, attract, catch, capture
(2.)    What is a substitute for “gripped”in the second?  “grasped”, “clutched”, “grabbed”, “seized” or what else? clutched

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, what is substitute for “grabbed”? “Snatched”, “pulled”or “ripped”? snatched
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “pick up”? “Grab” or what else? not much else

I'd say "of the individual's personality" in the first

(1.)   In the first sentence, can I say also, “The hobbies one has can fully reflect the person’s personality” yes
or is there another way to say “are very reflective of”? demonstrate, indicate, express, reveal can be used as synonyms
(2.)    In the each of the sentences, can I replace “hobbies” with “pastimes”, “avocations” or “diversions”? I've seen pastimes and diversions used as synonyms, but most native English speakers use "hobbies"

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “in terms of”? “With regard to”, “with respect to”,“in regard to”, “in reference to” or “considering”? any of these
(2.)    In the second, can I replace “in regard to” with “with regard to”, “with respect to”or “in reference to” or “regarding”? yes

it's "Phillipines' "

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is substitute for “with respect to”? “in terms of” and “in regard to” ,‘in reference to”or “when it comes to”?    any of these
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “in terms of “? “When it comes to”, “with regard to”, “in reference to” or “with respect to”? any of these

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker