English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.The government often allocates relief funds to flood-affected areas to help them get through difficult times.
The company needs to allocate more resources to our marketing department because our market is expanding.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the second sentence, can I say also, “The company should call for more resource allocation to our marketing department because…”?

2.If you think the class is too hard or too easy for you, then you should select one that is compatible with your level.
When I make a call on my cell, I double check the number on the display before I press the “Dial”.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “is compatible with your level”? “Matches your level “or “suitable for your level”?

3. His business failed due to poor management.
The prices of farm goods have been rising due to crops failure.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I say “His business is failing due to…”?
(2.)   In the second, can I say, “The prices of farm goods have been rising because the crops failed”?

4. Don’t feel discouraged if you have a hard time learning something because sometimes it takes time to figure out what you learn.
Sometimes, we fail to solve problems and even ignore them. Some of the problems will go away as time goes by, while others will get worse until it’s too late to solve them.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)   What is another word for ‘discouraged” in the first sentence? “Frustrated”?

5. The store puts up a warning sign “Wet Floor!” when flooding occurs on the premises.
Hobbies vary with people.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another word for “puts up”?
(2.)   In the second, can I say also, “Hobbies vary from person to person”or “people vary in their hobbies/interests”?

6.I often get unclear audio and picture on my TV because of poor signal transmission or interruption.
When you are downloading something, the file is being transmitted from one computer to another.

(1.)   How do I rephrase the first sentence using the verbs “transmit”and “interrupt”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “When you are downloading a file, the information is being transmitted from one computer to another”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)    In the second sentence, can I say also, “The company should call for more resource allocation to our marketing department because…”? Yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but "before I press dial"
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another way to say “is compatible with your level”? “Matches your level “or “suitable for your level”? Either one of these

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I say “His business is failing due to…”? None
(2.)   In the second, can I say, “The prices of farm goods have been rising because the crops failed”? Yes

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)   What is another word for ‘discouraged” in the first sentence? “Frustrated”? Yes

Hobbies vary with people.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is another word for “puts up”? Displays (but puts up is the best choice here in my opinion)
(2.)   In the second, can I say also, “Hobbies vary from person to person”or “people vary in their hobbies/interests”? Yes

I often get bad audio and picture on my TV because the signal is poorly transmitted and/or interrupted.
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “When you are downloading a file, the information is being transmitted from one computer to another”? Yes.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker