English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. In the English class, students familiarize themselves with new words to increase their vocabulary and improve their spelling skills.
When meeting new friends, some people may feel too shy to start a conversation because they are afraid of unfamiliarity.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the second sentence, can I say also, “..some people may feel too shy to start a conversation because of unfamiliarity”?

2.In our society, Hoklo people, Hakka people and Mainlanders form the majority, while the aborigines and the foreign residents are the minority.
Democracy means the minority follows the majority, while the majority respects the minority.

(1.) In the first sentence, can I use the plurals “majorities” and “minorities”? Which is better?

3.Insurance provides a sense of security for a family.
In big cities, stores are protected by electronic security systems.

(1.)    What is another way to say “stores are protected by electronic security systems”?

4.Do you read the ingredients on packages when you are shopping?
Cell phone addiction has become commonplace among teenagers these days.

(1.)    In the second, can I say “Cell phones have become commonplace among…”?

5.Some students work through college to reduce the financial burdens of their families.
The mother lost her baby during the delivery.

(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “The mother had a miscarriage”?

6.   These T-shirts come in different colors to suit each individual’s taste.
Classes are available in different levels to meet each individual’s needs.

(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “…to meet individual needs”? What is the difference?

7.The boss often loses control when things don’t go his way. Nobody can endure his temper.
John often tests people’s ability to endure by pushing things to the limits.

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes, but "...new words, in order to increase..."
(1.)    In the second sentence, can I say also, “..some people may feel too shy to start a conversation because of unfamiliarity”? Yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.) In the first sentence, can I use the plurals “majorities” and “minorities”? Which is better? In my opinion there can only be one majority (singular) but it's possible to have several minorities (plural).

(1.)    What is another way to say “stores are protected by electronic security systems”? There are electronic security systems in places in stores.

(1.)    In the second, can I say “Cell phones have become commonplace among…”? No.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but "during delivery"
(1.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “The mother had a miscarriage”? No.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd say "for different (ability) levels" in the second
(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “…to meet individual needs”? What is the difference? Yes, no difference.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but "put up with his temper" or "tolerate his temper" in the first.

I hope this helps Oppo.

Best,

Amy  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker