English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. In the extended forecast, we can expect a low of ten degrees below freezing tomorrow night with continued low temperatures and occasional frozen precipitation for the next few days

We will have an 80% probability of more snow all day tomorrow with accumulations of up to ten centimeters.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “in the extended forecast” and “precipitation”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “….of more snow all day tomorrow, which will accumulate up to ten centimeters”?

2. At the general conference on retirement and pensions, I took a new approach to the topic of funding workers’ retirement.
It is especially important to address the needs of the potential retiree who has been self-employed or a proprietary director.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “took a new approach” and “funding workers’ retirement”?
(2.)     What is meant by “proprietary director”?

3.   A devoted Christian should have faith in God and face challenges of life with courage.
To improve his language skills, John uses different approaches to learning English.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “devoted”? “Faithful”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “John uses different ways of learning English”?

4. I put away some of my salary every month to buy a house.
Teaching yoga part time allows me to have a flexible work schedule.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is substitute for “put away”? “save” or what else?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Teaching yoga part time enables me to work flexibly”or is there a better way to rephrase it?

5. The project is funded by the government and a local business.
The government has created more job opportunities to address the issue of unemployment.

(1.)    What is another word for “funded”in the first sentence?
(2.)    What is another way to say “to address the issue of..”?

6. He doesn’t know whether to quit the job right away or stay at the job for some time. In other words, he is facing a dilemma at work.
The e-mail was not able to reach its recipient and was sent back to the sender.

(1.)    In the second, what is another word for “recipient”?

Answer

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “in the extended forecast” and “precipitation”? the weather in the next couple of days; rain/snow. I wouldn't modify the original sentence ...it would sound weird
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “….of more snow all day tomorrow, which will accumulate up to ten centimeters”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “took a new approach” and “funding workers’ retirement”? adopt a new concept/idea; provide money for the pensions of the workers
Again, I'd stick to the original sentence.
“proprietary director” means a director of a company who is either the beneficial owner of, or able, either directly or through the medium of other companies or by any other indirect means, to control, more than 15 per cent of the ordinary share capital of the company

Are both sentences grammatically correct? In the first: "the challenges". Also, I'd rephrase the second:
John uses different approaches to improve his English skills,

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “devoted”? “Faithful”, loyal, committed
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “John uses different ways of learning English”? yes, but it still sounds strange; see my version.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is substitute for “put away”? “save” or what else? economize (Save is the best synonym; the only one I'd use)
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Teaching yoga part time enables me to work flexibly” yes
or is there a better way to rephrase it? not really

(1.)    What is another word for “funded”in the first sentence? financed, subsidized
(2.)    What is another way to say “to address the issue of..”? help reduce (but this only works in this context)

(1.)    In the second, what is another word for “recipient”? receiver, beneficiary (I'd stick to recipient)

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker