English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.She has been recovering steadily from the stroke she suffered two month ago.
So many universities have exhausted the wealth and manpower of this country today.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “She suffered a stroke two months ago, and has since been making a steady recovery”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “have exhausted the wealth and manpower..”?

2. One major cause of air pollution and global warming is exhaust from factories and vehicles.
The earth’s natural resources are exhaustible, so we should make every effort to conserve them and protect our environment

(1.)    In the second, can I say “The earth’s natural resources are being depleted quickly..”?

3.To get a good grade, students should try to participate in each class.
To save our earth from global warming, governments have long advocated energy conservation to reduce carbon emissions.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “participate in” with “attend”?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “…governments have long advocated conserving energy to reduce….”?

4. Mr. Wang is a caring doctor who is always patient with his patients.
He is out of patience with her extravagance.

(1.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “He has no patience with her overspending (or being wasteful)”??

5. The club is exclusively for men.
After the interrogation, the police excluded the man from the suspect list.

(1.)  In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “The club is restricted to men only”?
(2.   )  In the second, what is a substitute for “excluded”? “Eliminated”?

6. The news program’s exclusive report generated the highest ratings for the TV station.
From my standpoint, our president is definitely not qualified for his job.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “exclusive report”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “from my standpoint”?
“In my opinion”, “from my perspective”, “from my viewpoint”?

7.The candidate must do something to improve his approval rating or he is likely to be defeated in the year-end election.

Is the sentence grammatically correct?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but "months"; also the second sentence is incomplete.
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “She suffered a stroke two months ago, and has since been making a steady recovery”? yes
(2.)    What is another way to say “have exhausted the wealth and manpower..”? have depleted the country of money and workers/laborers.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? "the exhaust" in the first
(1.)    In the second, can I say “The earth’s natural resources are being depleted quickly..”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “participate in” with “attend”? no
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “…governments have long advocated conserving energy to reduce….”? yes

(1.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “He has no patience with her overspending (or being wasteful)”? yes

5. The club is exclusively for men.

(1.)  In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “The club is restricted to men only”? yes
(2.   )  In the second, what is a substitute for “excluded”? “Eliminated”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “exclusive report”?  none
“In my opinion”, “from my perspective”

Is the sentence grammatically correct? yes

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker