English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. Sometimes, it is difficult to predict the trend of your stock because the data you have is limited.
The use of the equipment here is restricted to members only.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “limited”? “Restricted”, “finite”,”confined”, “insufficient”, “not enough”or“narrow”?
(2.)   In the second, what is a substitute for “restricted”? “Limited”, or what else?
(3.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “data”with “information”?

2. The printing press allowed the public access to information that was previously confined to the educated few.
Farmers have become dependent on a narrow range of resources.

(1.)    What is a substitute for “confined”? “Limited”, “restricted”, “ only available”, “ only accessible”or “only disclosed”?
(2.)   In the second, what is a substitute for “narrow”? “Limited”, “restricted”, “confined”, “slim” or “close”?
(3.)    In the first, what is another way to say “the educated few”?

3.  Motivated by the allure of material gain, many young people in the country move to the big city to pursue fortune and fame.
Depression, long-term stress, and physical pain can cause acute insomnia.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “material gain”? “Real gain”, “actual gain”, “substantial” or “physical gain”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “physical”? “Bodily”. “actual”, “real”, “substantial”or“genuine”?

4. Many people will not believe in God until they experience a substantial sign of an answered prayer.
The discovered artifacts gave tangible evidence to anthropologists that the Pueblos did indeed migrate south.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “substantial”? “Big’, “real”, “actual’, “physical”, “concrete”, “tangible”, “authentic”, true”, “material” or “genuine”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “tangible”? “Concrete”, “real”, “actual”, “physical”, “authentic”, “true’, “genuine”, “material’, “touchable”?

5. Essential bodily processes can be shut down by a shortage of hormones.
She considered every small gesture from her husband to mean a lot.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “bodily”? “Physical”, “actual”, “tangible”, “organic”,”actual”or “natural”?
(2.)    What is a substitute for “mean”in the second? “express”, “signify”, “imply’,“say”, “suggest”or “show”?
(3.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I change “to mean a lot” to “to be meaningful”?

6. Dadaists expressed anger and frustration through their art activities.
An impending cold is quite often signified by a sore throat.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “expressed”?  “Showed”, “demonstrated”, “exhibited”, “displayed”, “vented” , “released”or “signified”?
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “signified”? “Suggested”, “expressed”, “indicated”, “showed”or“manifested”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “limited”? “insufficient”, “not enough” (when you use not enough you should say "because you don't have enough data"
(2.)   In the second, what is a substitute for “restricted”? “Limited”
(3.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “data”with “information”? yes

(1.)    What is a substitute for “confined”? “Limited”, “restricted”, “ only available”, “ only accessible”
(2.)   In the second, what is a substitute for “narrow”? “Limited”, “restricted”
(3.)    In the first, what is another way to say “the educated few”? those few who were educated/went to school

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “material gain”? money
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “physical”? “Bodily”, corporal, somatic

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “substantial”? “real”, “actual" “concrete”, “tangible”, “authentic”, true”, (“material”) or “genuine”
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “tangible”? “Concrete”, “real”, “actual”, “authentic”

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “bodily”? “Physical”
(2.)    What is a substitute for “mean”in the second? “signify”, “say”, (“show”)
(3.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I change “to mean a lot” to “to be meaningful”? yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “expressed”?  “Showed”, “exhibited”, “displayed”
(2.)    In the second, what is a substitute for “signified”? “Suggested”, “expressed”, “indicated”, “showed”or“manifested”? I don't understand the second sentence so I can't comment.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker