English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Have you ever bought anything on impulse and later regretted it?
When Rita learned that she won the lottery, she felt an impulse to tell all her friends, but she changed her mind immediately because she realized that this might get her into trouble.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..and later felt regretful”?
(2.)    In the second, I wonder if there is another way to rephrase “…realized this might get her into trouble”?

2. We should avoid making impulsive decisions while investing.  It’s better to research and stick to your stop loss.

The doctor felt my pulse and took my blood pressure during the diagnosis.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first, what is another way to say “stick to your stop loss”?

3. One way to look for a job is to read the help wanted sections in newspapers.
Students should behave themselves during class.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “help wanted sections” with “advertisements”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “help wanted section”?
(3.)    In the second, can I leave out “themselves” or can I say “Students should behave well”?

4. When you learn English, you explore your potential to become fluent in a second language.
The shopping center is so big that it usually takes a lot of time to explore.

(1.)    In the first sentence, should I say “for becoming” rather than “to become”?
(2.)    What can be a substitute for “explore” In the second sentence?

5.   The merchandise you ordered has been processed and will be shipped to you within seven days.
Strictly speaking, his performance at the concert tonight was not up to par. He could’ve done better.

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct?
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “merchandise”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “strictly speaking”?

6. Do you follow the trends or do you create your own?
If you are too busy to talk to me now, you can call me back at your convenience.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I change “follow the trends” to “go with the flows”?
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “at your convenience”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..and later felt regretful”? yes
(2.)    In the second, I wonder if there is another way to rephrase “…realized this might get her into trouble”? realized this might cause her trouble/problems

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? I'd say when instead of while in the first. I'm not sure what you mean by "research and stick to stop your loss" it sounds incomplete. Also consultation rather than diagnosis in the third
(1.)    In the first, what is another way to say “stick to your stop loss”? no idea what this means... It sounds incomplete

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I replace “help wanted sections” with “advertisements”? yes but "help wanted" section is more specific
(2.)    What is another way to say “help wanted section”? job offers section
(3.)    In the second, can I leave out “themselves” or can I say “Students should behave well”? yes and yes

(1.)    In the first sentence, should I say “for becoming” rather than “to become”? either option works
(2.)    What can be a substitute for “explore” In the second sentence? visit

Are all the sentences above grammatically correct? yes
(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “merchandise”? products
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “strictly speaking”?  in other words

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I change “follow the trends” to “go with the flows”? "go with the flow" (no plural)
(2.)    In the second, what is another way to say “at your convenience”? whenever you can (tis is less formal though)  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker