English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. The house prices are rising in the area because there is a greater demand than supply.
If customers are not satisfied with our service, they can demand a full refund with no questions asked.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “..because demand is greater than supply”?

2. The store sells a variety of products to meet the demands of different customers.
The teacher demands that everyone be quiet during class.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I use the singular “demand”? What is the difference?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also , “Everyone is demanded/asked to be quiet during class”?

3.   To narrow the gap between the poor and the rich , the government has imposed much higher taxes on luxury goods.
In the fashion show, models displayed luxurious jewelry they were wearing.

(1.)    In the second, can I replace “luxurious” with “luxury”? What is the difference?

4.   Different learning methods can stimulate your brain in different ways and, therefore,   make your language learning more interesting and effective.
I envy John for becoming a millionaire.

(1.)    In the second, what is the difference if I say , “I am jealous of John for becoming…”?

5. People who suffer from depression have a tendency to commit suicide.
He tends to get nervous when speaking in the public.

(1.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “He is inclined to get nervous when..” or “He gets nervous easily when…”?

6. I like to live in big cities because I enjoy the conveniences and comforts they offer.
The chair is not comfortable to sit in.

(1.) In the first sentence, can I replace “they offer” with “offered”?
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “in”?

7. She can’t get over his son’s death because it is too much pain to bear.
Is the sentence grammatically correct?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rewrite the first: "because the demand is greater than the supply"
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “..because demand is greater than supply”? yes, see above

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I use the singular “demand”? What is the difference? I'd stick to the plural, otherwise it would mean that all the customers have the same "demand" thus it wouldn't make sense to have a variety of products available for them
(2.)    In the second, can I say also , “Everyone is demanded/asked to be quiet during class”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? The second is not. "The models in the fashion show displayed/wore luxurious jewelry."
Most times luxury is a noun, while luxurious is an adjective. Luxury, the noun, may be used attributively though, acting like an adjective, so you can use them interchangeably.

I envy John for becoming a millionaire.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes but either and or therefore in the first:
Different learning methods can stimulate your brain in different ways and/therefore,   make your language learning more interesting and effective.
(1.)    In the second, what is the difference if I say , “I am jealous of John for becoming…”? yes

(1.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “He is inclined to get nervous when..” or “He gets nervous easily when…”? the second option you're suggesting is better. I wouldn't use "inclined" in this context

The chair is not comfortable to sit in.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, but I'd say "convenience and comfort" in the first
(1.) In the first sentence, can I replace “they offer” with “offered”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “in”? no; that would be an incomplete sentence.

Is the sentence grammatically correct? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker