English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Our special Winter Getaway Package is priced at only $239 for two.
The new model is waterproof and when fully charged operates for 10 hours.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “is priced at only”? “sells at only”, “is available at only”, “costs only”or what else?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “…waterproof and operates for 10 hours when fully charged”?
(3.)    What is another way to say “and when fully charged operates for 10 hours”?

2. Special thanks should go to Oscar Wang for expanding regional sales by 300% within the last year.
Since the temperature dropped to minus one degree, stores and businesses opened only around 12 noon.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “expanding”? “Increasing”or what else?
(2.)    In the second, should I say “…stores and businesses only opened until around 12 noon”or is there a better way to rephrase it?

3.Freelancers often stay connected to the office by phone, fax and modem.
Despite the demands on them, most of the executive level women are happy with their jobs and their lives.

(1.)    What is another way to say “freelancers” and “stay connected” in the first sentence?
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Despite their heavy responsibilities, most of…”or what is another way to say “despite the demands on them”?

4. We will contact via e-mail should we encounter any problem with your order.

(1.)    In the sentence, can I replace “contact” with “inform” or “notify”?
(2.)    What is meant by “should”?
(3.)   What is another way to say “should we encounter any problem with your order”?

5. The geographic targeting campaign allows us to reach clientele that was otherwise would not have been able to.
My family and I are thinking of those of you who are away from your loved ones this holiday season.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is substitute for “otherwise”? “In other ways” or what else?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “your loved ones” with “the ones you love”?

6. The public outcry was covered in local papers and on local and national television.
BodySkan supplies fast and accurate data and also lets you compare your results with others of your age, sex and body type.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “outcry” and “covered”?

(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “BodySkan supplies fast and accurate data and lets you compare your results with others of your age, sex and body type, too”?.

Answer

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “is priced at only”? “sells at only”, “is available at only”, “costs only”
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “…waterproof and operates for 10 hours when fully charged”? Yes
(3.)    What is another way to say “and when fully charged operates for 10 hours”? And can work up to 10 hours on a full charge.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is a substitute for “expanding”? “Increasing”
(2.)    In the second, should I say “…stores and businesses only opened until around 12 noon”or is there a better way to rephrase it? Your second version is incorrect. I'd stick to the original.

(1.)    What is another way to say “freelancers” and “stay connected” in the first sentence? It really depends on what you mean by freelancer. I wouldn't use a synonym for it anyway. Stay connected = stay in touch
(2.)    In the second, can I say also, “Despite their heavy responsibilities, most of…" yes but "many" not "heavy"

(1.)    In the sentence, can I replace “contact” with “inform” or “notify”? Yes but "contact/inform/notify you"
(2.)    What is meant by “should”? In case
(3.)   What is another way to say “should we encounter any problem with your order”? If we have any difficulties fulfilling your orded

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is substitute for “otherwise”? “In other ways”
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “your loved ones” with “the ones you love”? Yes.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “outcry” and “covered”? Outcry = protest, covered = reported

(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I say, “BodySkan supplies fast and accurate data and lets you compare your results with others of your age, sex and body type, too”?. Yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker