English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. Some people enjoy car racing because such sport can meet their needs to seek thrills and attain high speeds.
Our school provides courses that can help students attain a higher level of English proficiency.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “such sport enables them to seek thrills and attain high speeds”?
(2.)   In the second, can I replace “attain” with “achieve”?

2. The word “motel” is the combination of two words “motor” and “hotel.”
They combine to involve themselves deeply in community affairs.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “The word “motel” combines two words “motor” and “hotel””?
(2.)    In the second, would it be more correct if I said,  “They involve themselves deeply in community affairs” or “they work together in community affairs”?

3. When you create a password, you should come up with one that is a combination of letters with numbers or other symbols.
A good massage can help release tension in your muscles.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..a combination of letters and numbers or other symbols”?
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “help”?

4. To open the bottle, turn the lid clockwise to release it.
The police refused to release any details about the case despite the media pressure.

(1.)   In the second, what is the difference if I replace “release” with “reveal”?

5. The beauty of the town is more than words can describe.
The two political candidates often criticize each other to prove they are the better choice for voters.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “The town is more beautiful than words can describe”?

6. She is so critical of everyone around her that no one can get along with her.
The government urged people to stay home and safe during the typhoon.

(1.)    In the second, what is the difference if I replace “urged” with “advised”?

7. John works day and night, hoping to attain fame and fortune.
After Years of hard work, John attained fame and fortune he desired.

(1.) In the second, should I say, “ fame and fortune he had desired”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? "this sport" instead of "such sport"
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “such sport enables them to seek thrills and attain high speeds”? Yes. Either way the sentence doesn't sound "natural"
(2.)   In the second, can I replace “attain” with “achieve”? Yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'm not sure what the second sentence means...
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “The word “motel” combines two words “motor” and “hotel””? Yes, the original sentence makes more sense though
(2.)    In the second, would it be more correct if I said,  “They involve themselves deeply in community affairs” or “they work together in community affairs”? Like I said above, I have no idea what the original sentence means so I can't comment.

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes, we usually say " a combination of letters AND numbers..." also "the tension" I. The second
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..a combination of letters and numbers or other symbols”? See above
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “help”? Yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes, only I think the first sentence should end after "clockwise"
(1.)   In the second, what is the difference if I replace “release” with “reveal”? None

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “The town is more beautiful than words can describe”? Yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but "stay home and be safe"
(1.)    In the second, what is the difference if I replace “urged” with “advised”? None

Are both sentences grammatically correct? Yes but " attained the fame and fortune he desired" in the second
(1.) In the second, should I say, “ fame and fortune he had desired”? I don't see any reason why you would use the past perfect here

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/pastperfect.html  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker