English as a Second Language/present perfect simple

Hope you are doing fine!

An area in English that I cannot understand it well is the difference between the present perfect simple and the present perfect continuous.

What is the difference between "the present perfect simple (have + past participle) and "the present perfect continuous (have + been + verb + ing ) in English?

Pleas tell me the difference by giving some examples.

Thank you a lot in advance!

All my best

Hello Hame,

good to hear from you.

Please take a look at the two links below detailing the proper use of the present perfect and the present perfect continuous. There are plenty of examples provided as well. If you feel that you need more help with the topic after reading the info below, feel free to follow up with me.

I use http://www.englishpage.com quite frequently and it does an excellent job at explaining the most common verb tenses.

Let me know if this helps.

Amy :)

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed