English as a Second Language/2 questions

Hello Amy. How are you? I have 2 questions related to the short passage below (it's from a book about tea)

Some swear that puerh tea makes the ultimate hangover preventative and cure. Popular varieties include the signature black puerh, which has a strong, dark flavor reminiscent of a wet forest floor. For a lighter brew try green puerh. It begins with a green tea base, and although it eventually turns dark, the green tea flavor modifies the muddy overtones.

--- How do you understand it that it includes "the signature black puerh"?

--- What does it mean that it "begins with a green tea base"?

Thank you

Hey Luke,

good to hear from you!

Let's see what this is about:

The signature black puerth is a brand/variety of tea made famous (I assume) by a certain company.

It begins with a green tea base: the main ingredient of this type of tea is green tea.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Looking forward to more of your interesting questions.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed