English as a Second Language/hair

Question
QUESTION: Hi Amy

Please tell how to say the sentence telling that some one cleaned my hair.The sense is that there was dust in my hair so he came near and cleaned.

How to speak or write this ?

ANSWER: Hi Dev,

I'm guessing here... not sure if this is what you have in mind:

He/She helped me get the dust out of my hair.

Let me know if this helps. Otherwise, I'd need some more specific details about the situation and what you're trying to say.

Best,

Amy

QUESTION: Thanks Amy .The exact situation is that Tenth Sikh Guru-Gobind Singh is cleaning the hair of his exhausted soldiers after the battle ended for the day.While fighting the hair of his beloved soldiers get filled with dust.

Can you tell a more precise answer as I have to describe it to the school students.

Answer
Dev,

I'm going to stick with the previous answer I gave you.

Tenth Sikh Guru-Gobind Singh is helping his beloved soldiers get the dust out of their hair.

If he's using a brush you can say that he's brushing the dust out of his soldiers' hair.

By the way, your explanation above is as good as mine.

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker