English as a Second Language/Should I say "kind to" or "kind with"?

Question
Hello Amy,
I have two questions for you. Now for my first question. I'm not sure if I should say "kind to" or "kind with", or if both ways are grammatically correct. In other words, do both of the following sentences make sense and are they both grammatically correct?
1. He's kind to everyone.
2. He's kind with everyone.

Now for my second question. Are the words "ignored" and "cheated" adjectives in the following sentences?
1. I feel ignored.
2. I feel cheated.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.
Glen

Answer
Hi Glen,

If I had to choose one of the first two sentences I'd go with: He's kind to everyone.

Now, I've seen some using "kind with" but I tend to stay away from it... "kind with" sounds strange to me.

For the second part of your question. "Feel" is a linking verb, so "ignored" and "cheated" describe the pronoun "I" in your sentences, thus they're both adjectives.

Looking forward to more of your interesting questions.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker