English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.   
The woman’s computer is faulty.

(1.)   What is another way to say the sentence? “The woman’s computer doesn’t work” or “The woman’s computer is broken.”

Does your company pay for overtime?
(2.)   In the sentence, should I leave out “for”? Or can say also, “Does your company pay for extra hours worked”?

2.M: I found a hotel , also. The Picadilly Grand. It’s four stars, at 150 pounds a night. I’d recommend you take it, it’s a good rate.

W: And they have that for three nights?

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “it” and “it's a good rate”? “the offer” and “It’s a good price”?

(2.)    What does “that” mean in the woman’s response?  “the reservation/arrangement”?

3.The salad isn’t very good. There’s hardly any tuna and the tomatoes are hard.

(1.) What is another way to say “there’s hardly any tuna”?  “There is almost no tuna”?

I think the job suit me very well!

(2.)    What is another way to say the sentence? “I think this is a great/suitable job for me”?

4. A hotel may upgrade a guest to a better room if he or she is one of their frequent consumers.

(1.)In the sentence, what can be taken in place of “consumers”?  “clients”?

(2.) In the sentence, may I use the plural form “guests”?  “A hotel may upgrade guests to a better room if they are one of the frequent consumers”?

5. Most of the audience was amused by the magician’s performance.

(1.)    What can be taken in place of “amused”?  “Entertained” or what else?

It’s been raining the whole time.

(2.)   What can be taken in place of “the whole time”?  “All the time”?

Answer
1.    
The woman’s computer is faulty.

(1.)    What is another way to say the sentence? “The woman’s computer doesn’t work properly” yes
or “The woman’s computer is broken.” depends on the context

Does your company pay for overtime?
(2.)    In the sentence, should I leave out “for”?  yes
Or can say also, “Does your company pay for extra hours worked”? yes, but most native speakers use "overtime" instead of "extra hours worked"

W: And they have that for three nights?

(1.)    What can be taken in place of “it” and “it's a good rate”? “the offer” and “It’s a good price”? yes or a good deal instead of rate

(2.)    What does “that” mean in the woman’s response?  “the reservation/arrangement”? yes. She wants to know if the room would be available at that price for three nights.

(1.) What is another way to say “there’s hardly any tuna”?  “There is almost no tuna”? yes

I think the job suitS me very well!

(2.)    What is another way to say the sentence? “I think this is a great/suitable job for me”? yes

(1.)In the sentence, what can be taken in place of “consumers”?  “clients”? yes or patrons, customers. Consumers is no the best choice here.

(2.) In the sentence, may I use the plural form “guests”?  “A hotel may upgrade guests to a better room if they are one of the frequent consumers”? Yes, that's OK but then I'd say "A hotel may upgrade guests to better rooms if they are one of the frequent/loyal customers.

(1.)    What can be taken in place of “amused”?  “Entertained” or what else? can't think of another synonym here, but "entertained" is a good one.

It’s been raining the whole time.

(2.)    What can be taken in place of “the whole time”?  “All the time”? I'd stick to "the whole time"  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker