English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. My tooth really hurts. I have to go to the dentist.
My tooth really hurts. I will have to go to the dentist.

(1.)    Does “have to” in the first sentence indicate the present and “will have to” indicate the future?
(2.)    Does it refer to the present or future if I say, “My tooth really hurts. I must go to the dentist”?

2. They are charging $300 an hour. That cannot be right.

In the context, the writer is expressing disbelief about the high cost. If the writer thinks the cost is reasonable, can we write the sentences like this? “They are charging $300 an hour. That can/could be right.” Please help me clarify this.

3.   
We will send you an application form shortly.
We will send your application form shortly.

(1.)    What is the difference between the two?

Nobody asked us for identification at the security gate.

(2.)    In the sentence, may I say also, “Nobody asked to see our ID…”?

4.Please help yourself to more tea and coffee.

(1.)    Does it mean the same if I say, “Feel free to have more tea and coffee” or “you can have more tea and coffee if you want”?

Can I help you to some more tea?

(2.)    Does it mean the same if I say, “Can I get you more tea”?

5.I have a class at ten. I must leave now.
You haven’t eaten all day. You must be hungry.
You must not park in front of the fire escape.

Does “must” in the first sentence have the same meaning as the one in the second or third sentence? What’s the difference?

Answer

(1.)   Does “have to” in the first sentence indicate the present and “will have to” indicate the future? Not necessarily. Both verbs indicate the necessity of a trip to the dentist, most likely in the near future.
(2.)   Does it refer to the present or future if I say, “My tooth really hurts. I must go to the dentist”? It's a present thought, but the actual action of going to the dentist will probably happen in the future.

In the context, the writer is expressing disbelief about the high cost. If the writer thinks the cost is reasonable, can we write the sentences like this? “They are charging $300 an hour. That can/could be right.” Not really.
Please help me clarify this.
If the writer finds the fee reasonable, then they could phrase it like this:
They're charging $300 an hour. That's reasonable. That's decent. That's expected. That's fair.

3.   

(1.)   What is the difference between the two?
Depending on the context, the first may mean that someone will send you the application forms, while the second may suggest that you have already sent them your application and they will send it further to someone else.

(2.)   In the sentence, may I say also, “Nobody asked to see our ID…”? yes

(1.)   Does it mean the same if I say, “Feel free to have more tea and coffee” or “you can have more tea and coffee if you want”? yes but it may be more appropriate to say "tea or coffee"

Can I help you to some more tea?

(2.)   Does it mean the same if I say, “Can I get you more tea”? yes

I must leave now = I have to leave now
You must be hungry = you're probably hungry
You must not park... = under no circumstances should you park ...

I hope this helps.

Feel free to follow up if you have any questions/comments about my answers above.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker