English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.I just joined this language school and hope that my English will improve a lot when I finish the courses.

(1.) In the sentence, may I replace “hope that” with “hopefully”?

You don’t have to send the package today. It’s not urgent. Why don’t you leave it until tomorrow?

(2.)In the last sentence, may I say, “Why don’t you wait until tomorrow to send it”?

2.At the restaurant, I swapped my meal with my friend because we preferred each other’s food.

(1.) In the sentence, may I say also “I swapped/exchanged my meal for my friend’s” or “I swapped my meal with my friend’s”?

Can we swap places?  I don’t like where I sit.
(2.) What is another way to say “swap places”?  “Swap seats”?

3.John was rushed to the hospital after being hit by a car.

(1.)In the sentence, may I say also, “…after the car accident”?

It is a common law requirement that a tenant should give a month’s notice if he plans to move out.

(2.)In the sentence, may I leave out “should” and say “..that a tenant give a month’s notice…”?

4.I love my new apartment.  It is a smaller place than I was in, though.

(1.)In the sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “I love my new apartment, but it is smaller than my old place”?

Our company just announced layoffs. I wonder how our investors will take the news.

(2.) What is another way to say “take the news”? “React to the news”?

5.M: Excuse me. Are you using this chair?
W: No, that one is free.

(1.) What is another way to say “that one is free”? “That one is available” or “That one is not taken”?

I hope you are happy with our service and products. Do you think you are getting good value for your money?

(2.) What is another way to say “you are getting good value for your money”?
“Your purchases are worth your money”?

Answer

(1.) In the sentence, may I replace “hope that” with “hopefully”? yes

(2.)In the last sentence, may I say, “Why don’t you wait until tomorrow to send it”? yes

(1.) In the sentence, may I say also “I swapped/exchanged my meal for my friend’s” or “I swapped my meal with my friend’s”? yes

(2.) What is another way to say “swap places”?  “Swap seats”? yes

(1.)In the sentence, may I say also, “…after the car accident”? yes but the above is more specific

(2.)In the sentence, may I leave out “should” and say “..that a tenant giveS a month’s notice…”? yes

(1.)In the sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “I love my new apartment, but it is smaller than my old place”? yes

(2.) What is another way to say “take the news”? “React to the news”? yes

W: No, that one is free.

(1.) What is another way to say “that one is free”? “That one is available” or “That one is not taken”? yes, these are better than saying that it's "free"

“Your purchases are worth your money”? yes, but I'd stick to "good value for your money" - sounds more natural to me.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker