English as a Second Language/word choices

Question
1. Sources say that collapse of the talks could be due to proposals to cut pay for under-performing employees.

What can be taken in place of “collapse” and “under-performing”?
“Failure” and “inefficient” or “incompetent”?

2. We need to make our training program more effective. For this reason, I want to ask you to prepare information sheets on the most popular products you are each responsible for.

What is meant by “information sheets” in the sentence?

3. Job seekers improve their language and computer skills to make themselves more competitive at the job market.

What can be taken in place of “competitive” in the sentence?

4. We hope and expect sales in both facilities to contribute in no small part towards the financial success of the museum.

We hope and expect sales in both facilities to contribute a great deal to the success of the museum’s business.

Do both have the same meaning?

5. Welcome to WNPC Radio’s Daily Jobs Bulletin. I am your host, Jennifer Duran. Our top story tonight is the breaking news that Derek Brown has called for a national strike.

According to the above sentences, who could be a speaker?  “A news presenter” or “a reporter”?  Does "news presenter" have the same meaning as "an anchor man/woman"?

Answer

“Failure” and “inefficient” or “incompetent”? yes, and yes to inefficient; incompetent is too harsh a word

What is meant by “information sheets” in the sentence? I'm guessing it would be a page long description of the most popular products.

What can be taken in place of “competitive” in the sentence? nothing really, at least not in this context

Do both have the same meaning? yes; the second sounds more natural though

According to the above sentences, who could be a speaker?  “A news presenter” or “a reporter”?  I'm not sure I understand the question here. You can read more about radio hosts here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_personality
Does "news presenter" have the same meaning as "an anchor man/woman"? Not always. The anchor person is the one who presents and coordinates a live television or radio program involving other contributors. SO an anchor person is a news presenter, but not all news presenters are anchor men/women.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to get back to me if you need mmore help with your last question.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker