English as a Second Language/word choices

Question
1.A: Timothy is preparing the business plan.
B: Why don’t you do it?

What does B imply in the conversation?  Is B wondering why A is not preparing the plan?

2.A: This is the wrong cable for the DVD player.
 B: I think it’s the right one.

Does the conversation make sense? Are the speakers hooking up a DVD player?

3.A: What will you do with your old laptop
 B: I will sell it.

Is it possible to say, “What can you do with your old laptop”? What is the difference?

4.A: When did you make the booking?
 B: last week.

Would it mean the same if A’s question was “When did you make the reservation” or “When did you make the arrangement”?

5.
A: Why did you decide to leave the military before retirement?
B: I didn’t like to take orders.

In the conversation, is it possible to respond, “I didn’t like to follow orders”?

Answer
B: Why don’t you do it?

What does B imply in the conversation?  Is B wondering why A is not preparing the plan? yes

B: I think it’s the right one.

Does the conversation make sense? yes
Are the speakers hooking up a DVD player? not necessarily, but I guess you could imply that they're doing that

B: I will sell it.

What will you do with your old laptop? asks about what the person is planning on doing with the laptop

What can you do with your old laptop? asks about what the person can use the laptop for

4.A: When did you make the booking?
B: last week.

Would it mean the same if A’s question was “When did you make the reservation” or “When did you make the arrangement”? yes, the meaning won't change

5.
B: I didn’t like to take orders.

In the conversation, is it possible to respond, “I didn’t like to follow orders”? absolutely.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker