English as a Second Language/word choices

Question
1. The twins are not distinguishable from each other.
The twins look the same that people can’t tell them apart.

Do the sentences have identical meanings?

2. The destructive power of earthquakes is beyond most people’s comprehension.
Most people can’t understand/comprehend the destructive power of earthquakes.

Do both have the same meaning?

3. Some college graduates pursue MBA degrees for good job prospects.

What can be taken in place of “good job prospects”?  “The possibility of finding good jobs”?

4. I will be unable to attend class for the next two months, so I would like to request a membership extension.

Is it appropriate to use “membership extension” here?  Should I say “request a leave of absence” or something else?

5.Members here are entitled to leave of absence for personal reasons, but they can make such a request no more than twice during the term.

Would it mean same if the sentence was “… but they can make such a request twice at most during the term”?

Answer

Do the sentences have identical meanings? yes. The second should read: "The twins look the same, so people can’t tell them apart."

Do both have the same meaning? yes

What can be taken in place of “good job prospects”?  “The possibility of finding good jobs”? yes

Is it appropriate to use “membership extension” here?  It depends on the context.
Should I say “request a leave of absence” or something else? I would need to know more about the context the sentences are used in to be able to make a comment here.

Would it mean same if the sentence was “… but they can make such a request twice at most during the term”? Yes. The first sentence sounds more natural though.

I hope this helps, Wei.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker