English as a Second Language/word choices

Question
1.As a token of our appreciation for your efforts, we would like to give each of you a $200 gift certificate.
As a token of our appreciation for your efforts, we will give each of you a $200 gift certificate.

(1.)    What is the difference between the two?
(2.)   What is another way to say “As a token of our appreciation for your effort”? “To express our appreciation for your efforts”?

2.Although not all sectors of the world economy will see improvements, the overall effect should be positive.

What can be in place of “see” in the sentence? “Experience”?

3.Mishima Motors today announced plans to significantly expand its car manufacturing operations.

What can be in place of “significantly”? “Greately”?

4.The company’s stock price rose an incredible 21 percent on hearing the news, in spite of fears by some experts that Mishima Motors is being too aggressive.

The company’s stock price rose an incredible 21 percent on hearing the news even though some experts fear that Mishima Motors is being too aggressive.

Do both have the same meaning?

5. I am pleased to inform you that our new company website is finally operational.

What can be taken in place of “operational”? “Working” or “up and running”?

Answer
Hello again Wei,

(1.)   What is the difference between the two? the first is more "polite" but no difference really
(2.)   What is another way to say “As a token of our appreciation for your effort”? “To express our appreciation for your efforts”? yes or "to show you that we appreciate your efforts"

What can be in place of “see” in the sentence? “Experience”? yes, "show" is another options

3. Mishima Motors today announced plans to significantly expand its car manufacturing operations.

What can be in place of “significantly”? “Greatly”? yes; the sentence needs to be rephrased though: "Mishima Motors announced today its plans to ..."

Do both have the same meaning? yes

What can be taken in place of “operational”? “Working” or “up and running”? yes to both; ready, working and in working order are also good options here.

Cheers,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker