English as a Second Language/Word choice

Question
1.M: What are some of your characteristics?
 W: I am outgoing, passionate and helpful.

What is a different way to ask the same question? “What is your personality”or “how would you describe your personality/ character”?

2.I always feel sympathy when I see an elderly woman on the street selling flowers to make a living.

You can sit by either the window or the aisle.

(1.)  Would it mean the same if I said “feel sympathetic “in the first sentence?
(2.)  Would it mean the same if I left out “either” in the second sentence?

3.The apples on the tree are full-grown.
Children are taught to be respectful to teachers and the elderly.

(1.)What can be taken in place of “full-grown” in the first sentence? “Fully grown” or “mature”?

(2.)Can I change “to” to “of” in the second sentence?

4. The city is notorious for its sex industry.
Janet often complains that her husband is too insensitive to understand her feelings.

(1.) What can be taken in place of “notorious”? “infamous” or “well-known”?
(2.)  Would it mean the same if “understand”were left out in the second sentence?

5.Most citizens think that the president is too obstinate in his own opinions and refuses to make changes.
Jacket has good morals, so his coworkers respect him.

(1.) What can taken in place of “obstinate”? “Stubborn”?

(2.) Would it mean the same if I said “Jacket is moral” or “Jacket is a moral person”?

Answer

What is a different way to ask the same question? “What is your personality”or “how would you describe your personality/ character”? I'd say "How would you describe yourself?" "Tell me about yourself" or simply "Describe yourself"

(1.)  Would it mean the same if I said “feel sympathetic “in the first sentence? yes
(2.)  Would it mean the same if I left out “either” in the second sentence? yes, it actually sounds better

(1.)What can be taken in place of “full-grown” in the first sentence? “Fully grown” or “mature”? yes

(2.)Can I change “to” to “of” in the second sentence? absolutely

(1.) What can be taken in place of “notorious”? “infamous” or “well-known”? well known or famous.
(2.)  Would it mean the same if “understand” were left out in the second sentence? yes

(1.) What can taken in place of “obstinate”? “Stubborn”? yes, or determined

(2.) Would it mean the same if I said “Jacket is moral” or “Jacket is a moral person”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker