English as a Second Language/Word choice

Question
1. M: All the hotels near the conference site will be full by now.
  W: Yes. I guess I’ll have to book a hotel further out and take the train in. At least, it will be cheaper.

What can be taken in place “further out” and “take the train in”?
“ farther away from the site” and “arrive in the city by train”?

2. M: Can you tell me where the meats are, please?
  W: Over near the fruit and vegetables.

Why is the word “meats”plural?  Can I use the singular there ?
What does “over” imply in the conversation?

3. The engine works fine and it’s not the battery. It might be a loose connection. Give me a little more time. We’ll have you on the road again really soon.

What is another way to say “It might be a loose connection”?  “The parts are not properly connected”?

What is another way to say “We’ll have you on the road again”?

4. Can you sit in your seat, please? The plane is going to take off soon.
 I could really use your help moving the furniture, and I need someone to connect my laptop.

(1.)    What is another way to say “Can you sit in your seat”? “Can you take your seat”? “Can you be seated”?

(2.)    What is another way to say “I could really your help moving the furniture”?

5. M: The copy machine is not out of paper. I checked that already. I am not sure what the problem is, to be honest.
 W: Typical!

Does “typical” mean “that usually happens”? What can be taken in place of “typical”in the conversation?

Answer

“ farther away from the site” and “arrive in the city by train”? yes

W: Over near the fruit and vegetables.

Why is the word “meats”plural?  Can I use the singular there ? Meats is plural because the store sells more than one kind of meat (pork, beef, poultry)
What does “over” imply in the conversation? "over there"

What is another way to say “It might be a loose connection”?  “The parts are not properly connected”? not really - imperfect contact it a better choice, even though I wouldn't change the wording of the original sentence.

What is another way to say “We’ll have you on the road again”? We'll help you get to the bottom of this. We'll fix your car in no time.

(1.)   What is another way to say “Can you sit in your seat”? Please remain in your seat. Please remain seated.

(2.)   What is another way to say “I could really your help moving the furniture”? I need you to help me move the furniture.

W: Typical!

Does “typical” mean “that usually happens”? yes
What can be taken in place of “typical”in the conversation? "I'm not surprised."  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker