English as a Second Language/word choices

Question
I have a few questions about the sentences below:

1. Hello, Sophia. It’s James. Can you e-mail everyone about the training seminar next week, please? It’s urgent, and I am in meetings all day.

Is it possible to say “I am at meetings all day” in the last sentence? What is the difference?

2.The five City Hall employees took money in return for awarding contracts.
The five City Hall employees got kickback for awarding contracts.

Do both sentences mean the same?  Is it possible to say “...got kickback in awarding contracts”?

3.
We need to find more savings, so let’s make a list of all our ideas for cutting costs and discuss them at Friday’s meeting.

What is another way to say “We need to find more savings”?

4.Before our new product goes on sale and starting today in fact, we have a TV advertising campaign.

Does the sentence imply which will happen today? “The launch of the product” or “the TV advertising campaign”?

Answer

Is it possible to say “I am at meetings all day” in the last sentence? No
What is the difference? "at" meetings is incorrect in English.

Do both sentences mean the same?  yes but "got kickbacks" (this second version is less formal though)
Is it possible to say “...got kickback in awarding contracts”? no

3.

What is another way to say “We need to find more savings”? We need to find ways to cut our expenses, but then you'd repeat yourself

Does the sentence imply which will happen today? “The launch of the product” or “the TV advertising campaign”? the advertising campaign is the one that will start today; there is no way to tell when the product will go on sale.

I hope this helps.

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker